Originally Posted by lookingglass
$190.00 later we are back! We are still in the rule out process of what this could be. So far we know it's not: mites, fleas, dermatitis, auto-immune, fungus or food. What we are perusing now: environmental. I made an appointment with a dermatologist for July, and he's on Revolution and a vitamin supplement right now. We are doing a second round of blood testing, so I should know the results of that in the morning.
Thanks for the vibes guys!
out of curiosity, what are you feeding that handsome little guy? it might be a food allergy. it took us forever to figure that out with my wolf mix, ginger. once we switched her- her skin cleared up and got soooo much better! i hope ya'll are able to figure out what it is with the little fella
he's soo cute! has mange been ruled out yet? (not to scare you -it's actually pretty treatable- i dip animals at our shelter for it all the time) that could be something to ask about- but my guess would be that it's already been ruled out along with ringworm and other conditions. good luck heather! i'm sure ya'll will figure it all out soon! till then- i would purchase some malabase shampoo at your vets office- it's about $15 a bottle- and it's in a red and white bottle- bathe him in it- it is VERY soothing for animals with skin conditions and things of that nature- i dip in that all the time when i have a furbaby with a skin condition- it helps everything from allergies, to severe skin conditions- that will keep him from being itchy/dry and will help soothe him
Also - after you bathe him- only towel dry him, do not use a blow dryer (unless you have a "cool" button) the heat from a hair dryer could aggervate him worse. definitely do the malabase bath though! it will help!