OMG. I am in so much pain!!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My wisdom teeth are absolutely killing me!!

Please someone send me some vibes. I am getting ready to call the Dr/dentist that my sister in law referred(she works for another dentist) I hope I can get in soooon!!

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry to hear that they are that painful. Hope you can get in right away and get some relief for them. Pain free <<vibes>> are coming your way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Oh, sorry to hear they hurt. Are they impacted???
I dunno. I know I can barely open my mouth, and its been like this for like 2 days.
What does it mean when they are "impacted"?? I am such a chicken here,lol. I dont even wanna go to the dentist.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch- I remember when my wisdom teeth were first coming out that it was painful

Am sending get well soon vibes

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

Ouch- I remember when my wisdom teeth were first coming out that it was painful

Am sending get well soon vibes
See, I dunno if they are already in or not. They do this quite often, but today they are REALLLY bad.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

I dunno. I know I can barely open my mouth, and its been like this for like 2 days.
What does it mean when they are "impacted"?? I am such a chicken here,lol. I dont even wanna go to the dentist.
Your wisdom teeth probably haven't popped out yet, have them?

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of mine were impacted and very painful and I had all 4 taken out at once
I kept getting infections and they decided just take them out. Hope you feel better soon...

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please don't be afraid of the dentist........I was for years and years and have only recently started going regularly in the last couple of years........it's never been as bad as what I was afraid of.......make sure you get a kind dentist.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Your wisdom teeth probably haven't popped out yet, have them?
I dont think so...I really dont know. I just know they are killing me!!! How can you tell if they are there?? I know like 3-4 yrs ago I was told they would need pulled, so maybe they are there.
Goodness who knows, Im a dork....lol.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You will be fine! I decided one day to get mine pulled on a whim because they were bugging me! I went to my dentist office to make an appointment and they said they could take me right away! I had all four pulled (the top were inpacted and cut out) and no pain during the procedure! It will feel weird for awhile having holes in the back of your mouth! I ended up experiencing severe pain four hours after my procedure because I fell asleep and forgot to take a vicadin! Make sure to take the pain meds and you will survive! They didnt stitch mine so the only annoyance and painful part was replacing the gaws the first night! You'll do great! Definitley have them all done at once or you won't want to go back! I've been through many different procedures in my life and this one isnt so bad! They will numb you good! I didnt go to the dentist after that until just recently (almost 5 years ago) and I regret it. Now I am curing gingivitis and I have roots exposed on my teeth (painful and sensitive) I have great teeth (only one cavity ever) but my gums receed excessively! I now floss twice everyday... I realized putting the dentist off isnt a wise choice! Things could be worse... Because I have Mitral Valve Prolapse I have to take 2000mg of amoxicillin before the dentist will even touch me (could cause valve replacement and endocarditis if I dont take it) so I always have to go with a stomach ache!

* Impacted means they havent penetrated the surface (gums) yet! Theyre close but not quite there!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had all 4 of mine taken out at once, but I had them put me to sleep.....for me, it's the best way to go. One minute I'm awake, next thing I know Jerry is taking me home!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear lord............the 16th is the soonest they can get me in.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah it is always hard to get into the dentist! I got lucky that they could take me that day since they are dental cosmetic surgeons as well as dentists! I loved that dentist unfortunately he is too expensive for me these days! I originally went to get my teeth cleaned a month ago ( I called my cardiologist and asked her if I needed to pre-medicate for my heart and she said no)! I told my dentist this and he was irrate that she didnt write me a prescription and he wouldn't see me! I had to wait another couple of weeks and pre-medicate before! My cardiologist is an idiot I swear! Some say you have to pre-medicate if you have MVP and some say you don't! Most dentists won't touch you unless they do (considering you could um... Die)!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Oh dear lord............the 16th is the soonest they can get me in.

Honey, call them back and tell them that's entirely too long.....they usually, at least my dentist, will try and squeeze you in........

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Honey, call them back and tell them that's entirely too long.....they usually, at least my dentist, will try and squeeze you in........
I guess they dont care. They did put me on their umm, cancelation list though.
And its not my normal dentist either. Nobody around here pulls wisdom teeth~so you have to go out of town for it....stupid, I know.....

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had all 4 of mine taken out a year ago and didn't get put to sleep and it really wasn't bad. And I am a big chicken! My main complaint was that the pain meds they gave me made me feel nauseous. Try to get them out as soon as you can and you'll feel so much better!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had all four of mine inmpacted and had them all taken out at once. No problems at all, actually getting my tonsils out hurt more than that!

barnbosskitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh I know there's nothing worse then teeth pain. If you are able or can get someone to make a quick run to a drug store, ask for clove oil it will come in a very small bottle but isin't very expensive. Put a little in the painful area, you won't believe how much relief! just rub a little around, its strong so you just need a little and might have to rinse but it's unbelievable how well it works. Now this is just a temporary thing but might make you a little more comfortable until you get to the dentist.
Sending light and vibes dear heart....