Going to see "A Dog's Life" on Thursday

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My friend got 6 free tickets to see "A Dog's Life" at the theater this Thursday. She asked all of her "doggie" friends if they wanted to come along so we are meeting up for dinner and will see the play afterwards.

I just looked at her e-mail and realized I'll be with some big VIP's of the local animal scene. My friend is 1 of 10 certified Dog Listeners in the country, also attending is the president of No More Homeless Pets, a woman who is published in local papers who runs animal physical therapy, a pet nutricionist and myself. Don't know the last person.

The premise of the play is the life of a dog rescued from an animal shelter and of course the dog is played by a human. I'm curious to see the reactions from the people that I'm going with - you know how people who work with animals for a living get so involved that they can't always find humor in it, or at least pick it apart for the little details?

http://www.ahtkc.com/index.shtml?/cgi-bin/home.cgi

Has anyone seen this play and what did you think of it?

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds like so much fun..I'm sure you will really enjoy it..Have a great time and let us know how it was.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

My friend got 6 free tickets to see "A Dog's Life" at the theater this Thursday. She asked all of her "doggie" friends if they wanted to come along so we are meeting up for dinner and will see the play afterwards.

I just looked at her e-mail and realized I'll be with some big VIP's of the local animal scene. My friend is 1 of 10 certified Dog Listeners in the country, also attending is the president of No More Homeless Pets, a woman who is published in local papers who runs animal physical therapy, a pet nutricionist and myself. Don't know the last person.

The premise of the play is the life of a dog rescued from an animal shelter and of course the dog is played by a human. I'm curious to see the reactions from the people that I'm going with - you know how people who work with animals for a living get so involved that they can't always find humor in it, or at least pick it apart for the little details?

http://www.ahtkc.com/index.shtml?/cgi-bin/home.cgi

Has anyone seen this play and what did you think of it?
DW and I are season subscribers for five live theatres in the Dallas area. And we especially love musicals, but this one has not played here yet. I say yet, hoping that it will. The greatest (and only) musical play we have ever seen about animals was ANIMAL FARM. I am going to forward your link to the theatres that we are members of and see if I can stir up some interest.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

DW and I are season subscribers for five live theatres in the Dallas area. And we especially love musicals, but this one has not played here yet. I say yet, hoping that it will. The greatest (and only) musical play we have ever seen about animals was ANIMAL FARM. I am going to forward your link to the theatres that we are members of and see if I can stir up some interest.
That's cool! My DH doesn't like plays or musicals for that matter. Before we met I was a season ticket holder to most of the local playgroups. Perhaps I need to find a friend to go with me from now on!!

I can't wait to see a person play a dog. The clips on their website show a scene where the animals are still in the pound and there is an obvious cat in there (played by a woman of course).

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

That's cool! My DH doesn't like plays or musicals for that matter. Before we met I was a season ticket holder to most of the local playgroups. Perhaps I need to find a friend to go with me from now on!!

I can't wait to see a person play a dog. The clips on their website show a scene where the animals are still in the pound and there is an obvious cat in there (played by a woman of course).
If you are familiar with the classic ANIMAL FARM, it is hard to imagine people playing all the parts of animals. Even harder to imagine is that this was made into a musical. It was great. But I now realize I made a mistake when I said it was the greatest musical about animals I have ever seen; that would have of course been CATS.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

But I now realize I made a mistake when I said it was the greatest musical about animals I have ever seen; that would have of course been CATS.
I would have to utterly agree with you on that one. DH did take me to Cats for my birthday one year. He asked what I wanted and I got it!!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not going to spoil the plot for anyone who sees this musical, but will tell you that anyone that has ever owned a dog will have extreme emotions from it. Imagine songs about euthanasia, neutering, wanting your testicles back, pooping, and laying around and doing nothing.

But bring kleenex. I had exactly 2 in my purse and gave the better one of the 2 to poor Gail, who being the president of NMHP, was bawling worse than I was.

I'll give it a thumbs up. It was really written from a dog's point of view.