My baby.. having a baby..

kcm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well.. here i am again.. with my 10 month old Girl.. Middie aka Midnight.. she's pregnant... I'm so worried about her.. she's so small.. and I'm not sure how she's dealing with this... she's almost due.. and I'm almost due for a migraine.. her mother.. which is here with me as well.. along with her dad and 3 siblings.. lol.. yes i kept them all.. and i love them all.. I was just shocked when i found out she was pregnant... her brothers and father or neutered.. it was impossible to be one of the brothers or fathers baby... because of that.. but what i think it is.. is one day 2 months ago.. my baby sister.. let the back door open.. when my dad was bbqing.. and she escaped.. no-one told me.. this until recently.. but she came back the following night safe and sound.. little did anybody know.. pregnant... Here i am having sleepless nights, not knowing what to do with them.. when they are born.. I don't know anyone who wants to take in a kitten.. and i have this emotion problem where i can't let go, thus 6 cats and dog.. I'm afraid I'll end up keeping them and ending up with another 500 dollar bill for neutering and shots.. (my fault for not getting the girls spayed....) but it didn't seem right... anyhow sorry for the long boring story.. i just have a question when she's ready to give birth, is it likely she'll come to me, like her mom did when she gave birth.. I'm just really afraid she won't and she'll hide, i have a big house so I'm scared she'll find some dark corner and give birth and if she's needs help i can't help her.. and another.. sorry.. I just want to know.. how long should i keep the kittens, well when are they ready to be away from the mother (forever...) will the mother be mad or upset?

thanks so much for who ever can put up with stupid sleepless girl who cares about her babies so much..

thanks
KCM AKA: Stephanie

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi stephanie...

I would suggest you read through this link to get yourself ready for the impending birth...

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74659

If you have any other issues, do please pm me, I'm a pregnant cat buddy!

You should keep all the kittens with mom cat for at least 12 weeks and make sure the kittens are vaccinated and dewormed at least twice and neutered before you send them away to new homes. Oh and, please do spay your babies as soon as possible.

Thanks and good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kcm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

Hi stephanie...

I would suggest you read through this link to get yourself ready for the impending birth...

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74659

If you have any other issues, do please pm me, I'm a pregnant cat buddy!

You should keep all the kittens with mom cat for at least 12 weeks and make sure the kittens are vaccinated and dewormed at least twice and neutered before you send them away to new homes. Oh and, please do spay your babies as soon as possible.

Thanks and good luck!
Thank you i just might take you up on that offer, you seem to know what you are doing
. If i had a big enough house i'd keep every kitten that was born here in my home, but.. life doesn't work out like we want it to.. anyhow i'm soon to be married, so i have a lot of plans:p.. and kitties take up more time then children.. butttt, they are my prides and joys, all six of them..

kcm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just a have small question, What is the maximum amount of kittens a Queen could have? what is usually the average? Kandy had 4, and i thought it was a lot..:p

kcm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

I think I read that the average is 5, but of course it can be more of less.

If you need a low cost clinic to spay/neuter the kittens and momma here's a site listed by states http://www.lovethatcat.com/spayneuter.html
Oh thank god.. i read that it could be 13 and sometimes more.. i think i would pass out at the site of more than 5 lol..
I wish i could use that site, but i live in Canada... I am actually looking for a low cost clinic here in Montreal, but hard to find..

but thank you!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh then I can help. Sorry didn't look at your location. Vanier College does low cost days, it's $40 for boys $70 for girls.

I'll find the contact info and get back to you, the clinic is called Best Friends.

kcm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

Oh then I can help. Sorry didn't look at your location. Vanier College does low cost days, it's $40 for boys $70 for girls.

I'll find the contact info and get back to you, the clinic is called Best Friends.
Oh my god thank you!! I LOVE YOU
.. Do they also do shots? you are a life saver... Lulu, Kandy and Midnight, prepare to meet your destiny
.. *Smiles* yay i'm so happy

THANK YOU

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry had to ring my husband for the info.

Dr Amanda Glew
Best Friends Clinic
Animal Health Building
4th Floor, Room N460

Phone 450-458-0333 or 1877-738-8700

They do shots for $25 or $30 with rabies.

There's also the Bond Foundation, they used to be more expensive at $55 for males $95 female, but that was 2 years ago so you may want to call them and see. I don't think they do vaccines. I don't speak much french and they didn't speak english so it was an interesting conversation

http://www.bondspayneuter.com/spaycanada.html

Oh and you're welcome

kcm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thank you, your such a life saver, i'm gonna give them a call as soon as possible.. luckily i speak french, portuguese and english.. if one fails the other is bound to work.

if i had enough points i'd give u a gift

thank you

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since you know when she was out, you can calculate about when she will be due. If she was out 2 months ago - that would make her 8 weeks pregnant - so she should deliver in the next week (9 weeks). I would confine her now in one room and keep her there so you know when and where the babies are.

Start now mentally preparing to find homes. Ask friends, neighbors, put up ads at your grocery store, etc. - when you put the ads up, post a picture of the kits and also ask for a $10 donation (or a little more) to be used to spay mom. You will have to keep her confined while nursing cause she can come into heat and get pregnant again. Talk to your vet about the best time to spay her after she has the kittens.

Average is 4-5 - if you have over 8 you'd have to supplement. Hopefully she will have 4 or less
In Kelly's (Ling's mother) litter was 5 (first time). Kelly was kept inside and spayed before letting back out to the barn.

kcm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Will do, thank you. I'm so thankful that there are people who what to do when a crisis arrives.. or when you desperatly need help.. thank you soo much.