Does anyone feed thier cat wellness

forest

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello
Does anyone else feed their cat/kitten wellness? I feed Forest wellness - and feed him wet food or some tuna once in a while as a treat, and temptations as treats.... I was just wondering if anyone has any advice or if anyone has any better suggestions. I also bought the new wellness core - but I haven't given it to him yet- i was going to mix it with his reg wellness. Has anyone tried it?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like single protein s for treats ...

wildside salmon ... is a fav here

caterpillar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I haven't tried Wellness, but I've noticed that our local Pet Supplies Plus store now carries a complete line of this pet food brand.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I fed mine the Wellness Kitten dry the first year. I still keep some Wellness Chicken or Turkey wet around for them. They will only eat a little of it but I have them completely spoiled they really only like the fish heavy wet foods. Mine did well on the Wellness Kitten.

vanillasugar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I fed Wellness canned for some time, and still feed the occasional can when I forget to thaw out their dinner. They love it, and I love the ingredients. No suggestions, you're doing a good thing

vanillasugar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Misty, Wellness has removed Garlic from all the dry formulas, though I believe it's still an ingredient in the canned.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to post a Wellness question myself. My Pet Quarters recommended it as a brand that contains no wheat al all. Yesterday, I read that Wellness is manufactured by Menu foods and contains garlic. Lasy night I read the dry ingredients list and did not find garlic listed. Also, it says Wellness is manufactured by Mother Hubbard in Chelsmford, MA. I couldn't tell if garlic was listed as an ingredient in the wet food - the print was to small! Can anyone provide some clarification, please!
Thank you!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed Stoli Wellness kitten and he loves it. yes they have changed their formula to not include garlic in the dry food. Stoli is kind of fed up with the wet food and i don't want to feed it to him until all this wheat gluten thing is sorted out.

i'd like to put him on Wellness core because it is supposed to help kitties with compromised immune systems.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Garlic is an ingredient in the Wellness Chicken canned, but it is far down the list and I was told that it was a very very small amount. Wellness is grain-free though, which for me has been rare to find. I like it.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

I was going to post a Wellness question myself. My Pet Quarters recommended it as a brand that contains no wheat al all. Yesterday, I read that Wellness is manufactured by Menu foods and contains garlic. Lasy night I read the dry ingredients list and did not find garlic listed. Also, it says Wellness is manufactured by Mother Hubbard in Chelsmford, MA. I couldn't tell if garlic was listed as an ingredient in the wet food - the print was to small! Can anyone provide some clarification, please!
Thank you!
Just to clarify, what said that Wellness was manufactured by Mother Hubbard in Chelmsford, MA ? Was it on the dry food bag?

A lot, or most, or nearly all dry food...not sure which is accurate...is manufactured by the individual companies...ie to my knowledge Wellness does manufacture their DRY food.

The way I decide for myself which products are subcontracted to MENU and which ones are not, are mainly from the statements on each company's websites. If they flat out state that they "do not use MENU foods" or "manufacture their own canned food at their own canning facility" or similar statements then I take their word for it for the most part...there are literally just a few companies with such a direct statement. BUT most don't have such a direct to the point statement. Most of them say something like Wellness does at their site www.omhpet.com ...see the big statement at the bottom of the main page there. It's vague...to me it says they use Menu. With that said, I am still feeding the Wellness but I've already gone into why...etc.

ETA: I forgot...I have a can of Wellness Beef/Chicken and a can of Wellness Turkey right here and garlic is listed on both.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

Just to clarify, what said that Wellness was manufactured by Mother Hubbard in Chelmsford, MA ? Was it on the dry food bag?

A lot, or most, or nearly all dry food...not sure which is accurate...is manufactured by the individual companies...ie to my knowledge Wellness does manufacture their DRY food.

The way I decide for myself which products are subcontracted to MENU and which ones are not, are mainly from the statements on each company's websites. If they flat out state that they "do not use MENU foods" or "manufacture their own canned food at their own canning facility" or similar statements then I take their word for it for the most part...there are literally just a few companies with such a direct statement. BUT most don't have such a direct to the point statement. Most of them say something like Wellness does at their site www.omhpet.com ...see the big statement at the bottom of the main page there. It's vague...to me it says they use Menu. With that said, I am still feeding the Wellness but I've already gone into why...etc.

ETA: I forgot...I have a can of Wellness Beef/Chicken and a can of Wellness Turkey right here and garlic is listed on both.
The bag of dry food stated old mother hubbard. I just went to the Wellness link that you mentioned - it is Wellness and Old Mother Hubbard, but I do get the impression that Old Mother Hubbard is the parent comany - thus the "omh" in the url link? Although I have never used O.M.H., I am aware that it is a New England based company that has been around for a very long time.
And yes, that statement is very vague.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quick note, I found this statement on the Old Mother Hubbard information page - it seems to be clearer than the Wellness disclaimer.

Please note: Wellness and Old Mother Hubbard products are NOT affected by the recent Menu Foods product recall. Our Old Mother Hubbard biscuits contain whole wheat, which is sourced in the U.S. and Canada, from known suppliers. We do not source from the wheat gluten supplier in China who has been implicated in the recent pet food recall.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

Quick note, I found this statement on the Old Mother Hubbard information page - it seems to be clearer than the Wellness disclaimer.

Please note: Wellness and Old Mother Hubbard products are NOT affected by the recent Menu Foods product recall. Our Old Mother Hubbard biscuits contain whole wheat, which is sourced in the U.S. and Canada, from known suppliers. We do not source from the wheat gluten supplier in China who has been implicated in the recent pet food recall.
That note about the wheat is comforting...thanks for pointing that out.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

That note about the wheat is comforting...thanks for pointing that out.
Yes a little comforting ... cept this recall stuff came thru Canada from China ...

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm beginning to feel like we are peeling layers of skin off of an onion! I think that Old Mother Hubbard (as a brand) only makes dog food and dog biscuits.
I hope that the "known suppliers" mentioned on the sight mean that they have spoken with these suppliers to verify the wheat sources. I will either call or email them at lunch and post the information that they provide me!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed my Kitten Wellness Dry Food Kitten Formula (also the wet kitten formula) and I feed my older cat the Healthy Weight Dry Formula! I want both of them to be on a wet/dry combo but the older cat won't touch wet food! The little one will be switched gradually to an all wet diet (in the process) the older cat will require work! The kitten formula must taste better than the healthy weight formula because my fatty cat won't leave my kittens food alone! Wellness is a great product line! Old Mother Hubbard's Wellness line has cat food wet and dry not sure where the facts that they only carry dog products came from?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by trixie23

I feed my Kitten Wellness Dry Food Kitten Formula (also the wet kitten formula) and I feed my older cat the Healthy Weight Dry Formula! I want both of them to be on a wet/dry combo but the older cat won't touch wet food! The little one will be switched gradually to an all wet diet (in the process) the older cat will require work! The kitten formula must taste better than the healthy weight formula because my fatty cat won't leave my kittens food alone! Wellness is a great product line! Old Mother Hubbard's Wellness line has cat food wet and dry not sure where the facts that they only carry dog products came from?
Well almost tastes better to me than diet food..lmao..

This came out of investigating HOW MANY foods came out of MENU...