What is the weirdest thing you have found...

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
......in your s/o pocket??
I heard this on the radio this morning and thought it would be fun to find out.
I heard some weird ones on there,lol. For instance: grass,night crawlers....

Get started!! I wanna hear!!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spike.

When he was a kitten, he would snuggle into my clothing because the smell comforted him (okay, this much hasn't changed). One time I picked up my long jacket to wear out, and it felt heavier than usual. I reached into my pockets and found a sleeping kitten snuggled in the left one.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mirinae

Spike.

When he was a kitten, he would snuggle into my clothing because the smell comforted him (okay, this much hasn't changed). One time I picked up my long jacket to wear out, and it felt heavier than usual. I reached into my pockets and found a sleeping kitten snuggled in the left one.
That is too cute! When Frankie was little she would sleep in my sweater sleeves ... while I was wearing it!

I don't find odd things... just receipts and change and the occasional grocery list.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dog food... From a dog food fight he and some friends had a work. They were climbing the fines pile, sliding down it on pieces of cardboard, and throwing food at each other.

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hmm thats a good question, I dont really look but when I do laundry I go thru all of our pockets to make sure nothing bad is in them, the oddest thing I think I found was a cigarette butt. My bf has this thing about when he goes to some one elses house and they dont smoke he wont leave his cigarette butt on the ground so he puts it out and puts it in his pocket.
its gross but If I didnt smoke I wouldnt want people leaving their smokes all around my yard!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, mine used to be a welder, so I would regularly find soapstone, (welding torch) tip cleaners, metal tags for shipping steel fabrications... Lately, I found a highlighter yellow sticky note that was apparently in a new cream colored shirt pocket of his, because the whole right side of the shirt had turned that color...and wouldn't come out!
And the stickynote was in the dryer...

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I found a bobby pin. I asked him, "What's a man doing with a bobby pin in his pocket?"

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't had a Significant Other for a long, long... l o n n n n n g... long time, but I sure had a strange thing in my own pocket once...

There was this pale grey summer-weight suit I used to wear, very dressy, and once night I wore it to a ritzy party given to launch the new NBC network season on a station I did some work with in Austin. That was in early fall, and after the party, I hung the suit in the back of the closet and let it retire for the season.

The following spring, I dug out the suit and put it on -- and felt something in one of the patch pockets on the jacket. I pulled it out: a tiny plastic bag smaller than a business card, heat-sealed shut all around. And inside was about a tablespoon of white powder.

This was in the '80s, so I had a pretty good idea what that white powder was. My first thought was that someone had placed it in my pocket during the evening as a kind of misguided "party favor"... or maybe someone suddenly feared he was about to be caught with it, and dropped it into my pocket just to get it out of his own. Or maybe... maybe someone was trying to set me up! If so, just how narrowly had I escaped?

I worried myself silly trying to decide what to do with the thing. I thought about taking it to a police station, but I was afraid they might just arrest me on the spot. I thought of simply throwing it away, but then I remembered reading an article on Bob Dylan written by a man who had gone through Dylan's trash cans... and even though I was not the least bit famous, I feared that someone might be going through mine, too.

After a couple of days, I became too paranoid to keep it in the house another minute. Late one night, I put it in my purse and drove down to Town Lake, which is what they call the river that flows (very slowly) through downtown Austin. I parked and walked out onto the Congress Avenue bridge (the one that's now world-famous for the bat colony that lives underneath it), looked around furtively, and tossed the little packet over the railing. I watched it flutter down to the dark water, float for a few moments, and finally sink into blessed oblivion.

And then I drove home feeling like a desperate criminal, just waiting for the flashing lights to come up behind me...

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm
I've found nails, finger nail clippers
tiny light bulbs, salt and it wasn't in a packet either

Things I've found in the kids pockets?
Worms

Spoons
Wheels to cars
LOTS of candy wrappers