Countdown: 53 days to adopting a Bengal!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As some of you may know, I have been planning to adopt a Bengal from Kai Bengals, another TCS member and Bengal breeder.

Originally, I was to adopt Tinta, but there has been a slight change in plans, as announced by Nial here.

So instead of taking Tinta home to Ginger and Ferris, Penny will be moving in with us instead.

My flight to NC leaves on May 24th, and I will be going to the cattery to meet with Nial and Teri on Friday, May 25th, taking Penny home with me that afternoon!

I'm so excited, and looking forward to adding Pretty Penny to my little fur family!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And we're all excited to see pics....not to mention jealous cuz we all want a Bengal!

That's an incredibly long wait still, though!!!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How exciting!!! I want a Bengal soooo bad! Hopefully I will be able to have one in a few years!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
X off those days - it goes faster

Congrats and I'm sure you'll all be happy. If Tinta was a male, I might be able to talk DH into him....but she's not. Hope another board member can adopt her

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's so awesome, I absolutely ADORE Penny!!!! You are so lucky!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't wait for you to bring that beauty home - how exciting for you - and don't think for a minute that everyone here is not counting the days with you!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats!!! You'll have to post pics as soon as you can.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You must be so excited!! How about your babies? Have you sat them down and explained to them that their getting a new sibling?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

You must be so excited!! How about your babies? Have you sat them down and explained to them that their getting a new sibling?
Gosh....if "normal" people ever look at this site, they must think we're nuts!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Why yes I have. Every few days, actually. Ginger responds by turning her back to me, and Ferris just asks for another treat and some more scritches.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Why yes I have. Every few days, actually. Ginger responds by turning her back to me, and Ferris just asks for another treat and some more scritches.
Ginger is pretending like, no big deal huh?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ginger is pretending like, no big deal huh?
Nah, more like, I can't hear you, LA-LA-LA!

I keep telling her not to worry, she'll get to be the boss no matter what.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Betsy...Congratulations...Penny is Lucia's sisters name
I spoke with a pet communicator friend when we decided to get Lucia...and she told me to talk to them and tell them we were giving Lucia a home just like we gave them one and she is a gift for them etc...Well it worked because they weren't even shocked to see her and the transition has been so smooth...so keep talking to them...they listen
I told them this EVERYDAY...especially to Sophia

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Betsy...Congratulations...Penny is Lucia's sisters name
I spoke with a pet communicator friend when we decided to get Lucia...and she told me to talk to them and tell them we were giving Lucia a home just like we gave them one and she is a gift for them etc...Well it worked because they weren't even shocked to see her and the transition has been so smooth...so keep talking to them...they listen
I told them this EVERYDAY...especially to Sophia
I sure do believe this. I tell them as often as I think of it (and have their attention) although up till this weekend I was telling them about Tinta. Name changes, rest of the story is pretty much the same, a new sister, won't try to boss Ginger around, will play with Ferris to give Ginger a break when he gets to be too much for her, etc.

I'm sending Nial a fleece blanket that the two of them sleep on all the time so Penny can get their scent before she arrives (and will hopefully get a Penny-scented towel in return for my two to smell in advance,) and if we use the blanket to line her carrier for the trip back to MA, she will have their scent mixed with hers when she comes into my home that night. I think it ought to be a fairly easy intro, although I absolutely expect Ginger to sulk for a while, as she is the resident drama queen.