Nutro Max like Pro plan, both for UTI health has wheat flour...

pearce1974

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
so how can Nutro claim their dry has no wheat gluten, please help. Am I safe with the UTI proplan or no. please help, can I really believe the wheat gluten in these products are safe whilst the others are not.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes most UTI formulas have wheat ... it is NOT wheat GLuten but wheat flour ... I will Pm u foods in the UTI freindly range without wheat if you would like

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pearce1974

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank you for your care and time. Wheat flour? I will keep the pro plan uti formula then, who tells the phosphorus count as well as ash and magnesium. I am going to use the pro plan chicken and liver entre, plain, without wheat gluten but with poultry giblets? Did someone say once that in order to make the 'giblet' wheat gluten was necessary??? oh well, I will keep this and hopefully have peace of mind...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pearce1974

thank you for your care and time. Wheat flour? I will keep the pro plan uti formula then, who tells the phosphorus count as well as ash and magnesium. I am going to use the pro plan chicken and liver entre, plain, without wheat gluten but with poultry giblets? Did someone say once that in order to make the 'giblet' wheat gluten was necessary??? oh well, I will keep this and hopefully have peace of mind...
I am guessing your canned has a touch of sauce or gravy ... the wheat is used to thicken ...

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wheat flour and wheat glutten are very different ingredients. They come from the same plant but are very different dirivitites. Wheat glutten is where the problem lies.

pjrocco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Yes most UTI formulas have wheat ... it is NOT wheat GLuten but wheat flour ... I will Pm u foods in the UTI freindly range without wheat if you would like
Can you list those in the thread so we all can see? Thanks!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pjrocco

Can you list those in the thread so we all can see? Thanks!
I will when I get the time

I prefer PM as all kitties are different .... and much of this is to what the cat needs

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope this is taken as me trying to be helpful. But I've always been told that TCS policy is to deal with these things in threads so all can see and use as help in the future. At least that's what they told me way back when I became an advisor!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

I hope this is taken as me trying to be helpful. But I've always been told that TCS policy is to deal with these things in threads so all can see and use as help in the future. At least that's what they told me way back when I became an advisor!
SOmeone chime in if this is correct ... I will happily put it in a thread ...

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

SOmeone chime in if this is correct ... I will happily put it in a thread ...
I can see both sides of it...

...it's good to have the info public and available

...but if Sharky gives specific advice relating to a particular kitty....then someone else comes around and just skips to the answer....doesn't like the results and says "Well SHARKY said it would work!!" LOL
...but the advice wasn't directed at them to begin with.

So maybe I'm just babbling or butting in, but I just wanted to say that I can see it both ways.

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

Originally Posted by beandip

...but if Sharky gives specific advice relating to a particular kitty....then someone else comes around and just skips to the answer....doesn't like the results and says "Well SHARKY said it would work!!" LOL

So maybe I'm just babbling or butting in, but I just wanted to say that I can see it both ways.
Just inserting my

It seems to me that the information of "UTI friendly range without wheat" would benefit the general public more than being information geared to any specific animal so it would better serve in a thread.

Like beandip said. If the answer is directed for a specific pet then a pm may serve best. (I am keeping in mind that I'm a nobody and all I have to offer is a peons opinion).

Back to surfin' and readin' now.

puckster02

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just adding that according to Wellness's website, their whole new "revamped" line of dry food seems to pay a lot of attention to the UT Health and their food does not include any form of wheat.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

I see both ways too.
I was just repeating what I was told my mods/admins (including Anne) when I was a newer advisor and had responded that I was going to answer specific grooming questions by PM. Things may have changed as it has been several years!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pearce1974

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Their Phos, Mag And ash Are the best for me of all the commercial Non Prescription Brands So hopefully Their wheat Gluten Is safe...