Looking For New Kitten Food

b842001

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 20 week old kitten has been onthe Purina Pro plan chicken and rice flavor since I adopted him in Jan.now with all of the info on tainted wheat gluton I am looking for a similar DRY kitten food to give him that does not contain wheat gluton. I am losing the faith I had in Purina due to how they say one day that only one item made at 1 of thier plants is affected and then 2 days later they add another food to the list. This is not right at all what they are doing. So if you guys could give me some names of a good dry kitten food simular to the Pro plan with no wheat gluton I would greatly appreciate it.

mskitty666

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For dry food my cats are eating Innova Evo and Wellness Core. For wet food they eat Merrick and I am currently looking for replacements for the Evo and Wellness they used to eat before the recall. I purchased some Blue Spa Select from Petsmart but haven't gotten to try it yet.

nedra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would check into Nutro dry kitten food. It says on Nutro's site none of their dry food contains wheat gluten.

naturestee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nutro would be a good choice. I really like Chicken Soup for the Kitten Lover's Soul and Felidae too.

nedra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I fed mine Maxximum Nutrition kitten food from walmart. They did really well on it. Had very shiny and healthy coats. I'm not sure if it has wheat gluton so make sure to read on the back of the bag. I just wanted to mention this because some people only have walmart in their area.

Good luck!

tekgrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Since I'm starting to go across town to find Nature's Variety frozen patties, I wonder if it's worth switching to the Nature's Variety dry kitten food as well. I'm currently feeding Nutro kitten dry which they love. Are these 2 dries about the same or is it worth trying them on it?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by tekgrl

Since I'm starting to go across town to find Nature's Variety frozen patties, I wonder if it's worth switching to the Nature's Variety dry kitten food as well. I'm currently feeding Nutro kitten dry which they love. Are these 2 dries about the same or is it worth trying them on it?
They are both great foods... the Prarie I do beleive is a all stage ... I have feed it but the girls bore of it too easy...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Naturestee

Nutro would be a good choice. I really like Chicken Soup for the Kitten Lover's Soul and Felidae too.

Add Cal natural

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My kittens switched from Purina ONE kitten to Chicken Soup kitten over a month ago and both LOVE it
It about the same price too

tekgrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

They are both great foods... the Prarie I do beleive is a all stage ... I have feed it but the girls bore of it too easy...
thank you

naturestee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sharky, I thought my Cal Natural dry food said for adult cats only. I'm not too sure because I don't have the bag any more. The canned still says it's for all life stages.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Naturestee

Sharky, I thought my Cal Natural dry food said for adult cats only. I'm not too sure because I don't have the bag any more. The canned still says it's for all life stages.
well I am off too look that up ... I thought it was all stage but I could be wrong

they all say cat and kitten

http://www.californianaturalpet.com/...ault.asp?id=72
that is the original