Too bad there's no Rant-N-Rave board

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
With everything going on from this recall, I'm sure we all have some pretty strong/harsh feelings about it all. I know a lot of what I feel would be rated "XYZ" for extreme violence and cursing. LOL Too bad there's no place to just let it all out at just to get it off your chest.

starkar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There is a place too do that. call the # on your pet food and let em have it. I did. I called back today and they are saying that Hills is experiencinga large volume of calls and can't process my call. YOU BET !! They aren't answering because ppl are hoping that they eats something that makes them this sick.,
Menufoods.com has no imfo at all on their site...just the recall info. The chicken crap idiots won't talk to us.
There is a place on the Hillspet.com that you can send an email (which I did) but it isn't half as good as letting them have it over the phone.
I'm starting a campaign in my area to stop the purchase of all products of Menufoods Co. I'm handing out flyers with all the brands that are recalled so far.
If these companies would keep their asses in the US instead of trying to save a buck by purchasing overseas maybe this wouldn't have happened. They save money and charge us an arm and leg for their poison!.
I'm sorry for this email but like millions of others I'm so extremely upset. All I do is hold Karli and pray that she is going to be ok.
So go to the websites and see if they have a # to call or email (copy and paste it into a doc cuz I'm sure you'll want to use it again). LOL and let the scumbags have it. I don't care whose fault this is IT SHOULDN"T HAVE HAPPENED!!! Wheat Gluten my butt...what next???
Sorry.. had to vent.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ChrissyR

With everything going on from this recall, I'm sure we all have some pretty strong/harsh feelings about it all. I know a lot of what I feel would be rated "XYZ" for extreme violence and cursing. LOL Too bad there's no place to just let it all out at just to get it off your chest.
I thought that was exactly what The Cat Lounge was for.

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
THANK GOD I switched from Authority to Trader Joe's to Innova!!! Mainly, because Petsmart is too far away. You should see the ingredients in Innova. Damn, my cat eats better than I do!!! I pay 1.59 for a 13.3 oz can.

Innova is made by Natura Pet Products.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have said exactly what I am feeling. I am just totally sick and scared about this problem, every time I feed Misty, I wonder if I am poisoning her. I watch her like a hawk for any difference in her mood or walk or any difference at all. I have become a paranoid meowmie. If anything should happen to her I will sue their a$$es big time.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

You have said exactly what I am feeling. I am just totally sick and scared about this problem, every time I feed Misty, I wonder if I am poisoning her. I watch her like a hawk for any difference in her mood or walk or any difference at all. I have become a paranoid meowmie. If anything should happen to her I will sue their a$$es big time.
By the way, none of the foods I feed her have been recalled but things brands are being added almost every day and my fear just keeps growing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, if that's the case and this is the place. I'll keep it as clean as I can.

I hate saying how many cats we are responsible for. I don't beleive in taking them to the pound. I was raised that if they are in your care, they are there for life. After saying that, we take care of over 20 cats(gasp! Shock! OMG!). Inside, outside, feral, semi-feral and tame. Out of all these cats only 10 weren't fed anything on the recall list. We can't afford to feed all the kits the "better" brands of food. The inside children get Nutro dry and Friskies wet. The outside kits, all Special Kitty. Now I'm pissed off because there's nothing that inexpensive that we can feed them all. I feel like I'm wanting something to happen because I can't avoid Menu Foods. I, knock on wood, haven't had anybody get sick that I know of because of the recalled foods. But I am pissed and upset for the people, and their kits, who are having problems. I'm basically lost, confused, angry and frustrated. I want the best for my cats but can't afford the best. The best I can afford just went down the sh*thole and now I'm stuck. Do I take away all their wet? Do I only feed dry? What dry can I feed? ARGH!!!!!!!!

And yes, I said over 20 cats. LOL