I just won a litter locker!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gotta love eBay. I paid a total of $9.26 including shipping.

Now I just gotta get me some refills and see how good this thing is, since so many of you TCSers seem to love yours!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually use two...

At one point there were two litter boxes, so I got a locker for each one. Saved me from having to empty it every week.

But now we just have one big one, but we still use both of them. I hope you love it as much as we do!!!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

It is this.
Oh good for you!!! I have 4 of them
they are great. I get my refills at PetGuys online i think there like $5.49 I haven't found them cheaper then that.
I just buy about 12 at a time one last a good while

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats.

I never heard of that until this thread.

I just use a plastic shopping bag or the bag from the cat litter itself and haven't had any problems with odour.

Wouldn't those things really smell bad when you are emptying it? It seems to me that the used cat litter being trapped in such a container would smell really bad when you opened it to empty the bag.

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Wouldn't those things really smell bad when you are emptying it? It seems to me that the used cat litter being trapped in such a container would smell really bad when you opened it to empty the bag.
I wondered the same thing. Someone told me that the bags are twisted closed, so they don't really "open" up. Is that true? I'd be interested in getting one if I could get a good deal on it. I'm not sure if the cost of refills makes it worth it for me though.

In any case, congrats! Sounds like you've been wanting one for awhile! It'll be nice to hear your review of it after you've had a chance to try it out.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You twist a handle so the bag kind of wraps around on itself, and there's enough empty bag when you turn the handle to wrap it and seal the last bit you scooped. If that makes sense at all....

So no, there is no smell! We love our litter locker. With 3 cats using the litter trays, we have to scoop daily, often twice daily, and we never have enough plastic shopping bags for that! And walking out to the dumpster is a pain, so this is much better and much more convenient for us.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Years ago I used to buy a flushable cat litter. I used it for years without a problem and then one day I couldn't find it anymore. I sure miss it

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is awesome! I almost bought one friday but thought I owuld check here firt to see how everyone liked them!!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's the first I've heard of those...I knew they had them for soiled diapers but what a great idea for litterboxes!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
congrats. i would definitely get the refills on petguys.com

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by joanne511

In any case, congrats! Sounds like you've been wanting one for awhile! It'll be nice to hear your review of it after you've had a chance to try it out.
Thank you, and actually, no, I have been using plastic grocery bags and been quite happy doing so, but in a thread in IMO a bunch of folks mentioned the litter locker and how much they love it, so I JUST decided to get one!

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You will LOVE it! I got the black one for christmas. I don't know how we ever lived without it! It saves a lot of hassle! ENJOY