Ok stop with the midnight fetching!!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stumpy has decided she LOVES the new toys Sicycat for her (did I mention thanks...
), and she constantly fetches them in the middle of the night and drops them on the bed.

Problem is they have bells inside them, and are NOISY! You can hear the bell coming up the stairs, and Stumpy tries to meow with a mouthful of toy as she runs up the stairs, then drops it on the bed.

Last night she was driving me nuts, so I took the toy and shoved it in the pillowcase. A few minutes later she ran off, then I hear another tinkly bell coming up the stairs!!! And of course she drops that one on the bed and starts playing with it.

I took that one as well and put it in my pillow, and she ran off. I laughed to myself because there's only 2 of the toys. Then she starts running around the house going "Mow mow MOW MOW MOW MOW MOW MOW" as she was looking for her toys. It was so funny. I almost went downstairs to get her something else quieter to play with, but since it was 3am, the comfort of my bed won

I woke up this morning and remembered this crazy dream about stuffing toys into my pillow, then checked my pillowcase, and realised it was indeed real.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! That's just what my Pearl does, right down to the MOWMOWMOWMOWMOW! She seems to think if she can just get enough little foam balls accumulated in the bed, I'll wake up and start throwing them for her...

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol eazy does the same, even if i hide it he just goes gets another toy.
does not matter which one.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We banned bells and noisy toys three days after 8-Bit came to stay with us. Needless to say, I didn't sleep the first 48 hours he was home because of a bell inside of a ball toy he had.

What I wake up to now is my bed looking like a cat toy shop. The boys bring things in in the middle of the night in hopes that we will suddenly wake up and play with them. It hasn't happened yet, but the boys are hopeful.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to my world!
Damita is my toy fetcher & meower. She freaks out playing when she realizes she doesn't know where I am...so she wanders around meowing at the top of her lungs with a toy in her mouth. Didi I ever mention that her voice is normally croaky/annoying?
I can't really do anything about it, other than snap my fingers & call her to me. When she brings me the toy, I sidetrack her by rubbing her tummy until she falls asleep. I do this about 5-10 times a night.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Welcome to my world!
Damita is my toy fetcher & meower. She freaks out playing when she realizes she doesn't know where I am...so she wanders around meowing at the top of her lungs with a toy in her mouth.
That's the same as Stumpy! She's not at all vocal, but at night time she "loses" us, or forgets that we sleep all night, and walks around the house going MOW MOW MOW and gets louder and louder until I call out to her, then she races into the bedroom, leaps on to the bed, comes up to my head, I give her scritches, and she runs off again happy. Stoopid cats

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't have a problem with the toys at night but Bo "loses" me every night and "MOW MOW MOW"s at me.. I call him, he comes running in to the bed

Our biggest "toy" problem is Jake (the dog). He has this little pumpkin (it used to laugh) that was my son's. He adopted it the day we adopted Jake. (we had 2 of them.. one for each of my son's). He will bring that to bed and suckled on it.
He sucks on it so hard it moves the bed... there's been MANY nights I've taken it away and shoved it in the night stand drawer

He showed me though.. he's since adopted another "nurser".. We got him a toy that had a tennis ball and rope with a teddy bear head attached.. within minutes, the string and tennis ball were ripped to shreds.. The head? It's his new "nurser"

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Twig will do the Mow Mow Mow thing at night when we are sleeping. If we call him, he will stop, but won't come into the bedroom. He's silly.
Neffie likes to come up between 5 and 7 in the morning and drop her mouse mouse on my head so I will wake up and throw it for her.
We also banned bells and noisy toys otherwise meowmy would NOT be sleeping at all at night.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the world of the cat lover.
I think all of us know the mowmowmow. Whenever we aren't playing or whatever.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like nighttime at ours too!

Sonic doesn't just drop them on the bed though, he drops them on our faces. Then sits on a shoulder, dangles his paw down, and fishes for them - batting them across our faces and poking us in the eyes. This is not something that you can sleep through.

I sleep with a pillow under my knees, and any toy that gets dropped on my face at 3am gets put under that pillow. Then Sonic tries to burrow under the covers to get them, making a 'MAAOW MAAOW' noise.

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

What I wake up to now is my bed looking like a cat toy shop. The boys bring things in in the middle of the night in hopes that we will suddenly wake up and play with them. It hasn't happened yet, but the boys are hopeful.
This happens a few nights a week. The best is when they bring the feather wand up. You here it banging up against the stairs and then the door until they make it to the bed. Penelope sometimes will meow a bunch of times before depositing a toy too. Silly cats!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sicycat

Oh my goodness
I am so sorry, its all my fault
It's funny - the both loved the catnip pillow the first day, and ignored the toys with the bells, now they ignore the catnip pillow and love the noisy toys! I think Stumpy likes the feel of the feathers in her mouth