kitten's point colors coming in nicely.

black&tan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our Siamese kitten's point colors are coming in nicely
and their names...

Lilac, Cobalt, Jade, Amber and Ruby

......no kittens were dyed in the making of these photos.......

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

There is a wonderful pet home here with me in Virginia for that sweet little purple one. *giggle* So very cute!
And great Photoshop job as well
!
How can you tell this was done with Photoshop? I have version 5.5 of Photoshop which came out in 1999 and it cost me $600.00 back then. I just find it hard to believe that so many people on The Cat Site would be using such expensive software. Anyway, I have been using Photoshop since version 5.5 came out and I don't know how you determined it was done with Photoshop and not some other photo editor. Just curious because I can't tell...

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

How do you know this was done with Photoshop? The lowest price I could find for Photoshop was $600.00. I have version 5.5 because just to upgrade is a hundred bucks.
I don't ~know~ it was "Photoshop" ... I think the currently accepted term for digital graphics which have been manipulated is "photoshop" - as in, "That is a photoshopped picture", or "you really know how to photoshop a graphic." - something like that. That's all I meant.

And I hear ya on the price for Photoshop! I have owned every version since 2-something and believe me, it is pricey!!! But no other application gives me the range of use I get with it and I am a diehard Photoshop gal. I will continue to pay the upgrade pricing, but for now, I have everything I need in my current version (either 6 or 7 something, can't remember now).

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Too funny for words... glad you did state they werent dyed,,, last night on the news they showed dyed chicks I screamed

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
how cute! Lilac would so match my bedroom

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

I don't ~know~ it was "Photoshop" ... I think the currently accepted term for digital graphics which have been manipulated is "photoshop" - as in, "That is a photoshopped picture", or "you really know how to photoshop a graphic." - something like that. That's all I meant.

And I hear ya on the price for Photoshop! I have owned every version since 2-something and believe me, it is pricey!!! But no other application gives me the range of use I get with it and I am a diehard Photoshop gal. I will continue to pay the upgrade pricing, but for now, I have everything I need in my current version (either 6 or 7 something, can't remember now).
Yes, I think it has become a generic term like Idaho potatoes that really do not come from Idaho. I actually find Picture Publisher easier to use at a far cheaper price, my company paid for the copy I have of Photoshop. I was just kidding you a bit about how you knew it was Photoshop. I now see people using the term "googled" even if they used Yahoo or something else. I have never found it necessary to update from 5.5 because if it was so good then, why pay the $99 or whatever it is everytime they come out with a new release. Anyway, the pictures were very cute whatever they were done with and I was just trying to see if the term Photoshop is used just exactly like you have said. I just cannot keep up with all the new jargon.
It is like people always used to say I have Xeroxed a copy of something when in fact they may have used a Canon. But nobody ever said I have Canoned a copy.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry, Black&Tan, for the hijack ...

Originally Posted by Persi

Yes, I think it has become a generic term like Idaho potatoes that really do not come from Idaho ... I now see people using the term "googled" even if they used Yahoo or something else ... It is like people always used to say I have Xeroxed a copy of something when in fact they may have used a Canon. But nobody ever said I have Canoned a copy.
Exactly!! *grin* Back in the day, I remember hearing my grandmother talking about putting the dirty clothes "through the Kenmore", of course meaning her Kenmore Automatic Clothes Washer. She was very proud of it in that she was the first lady on her block to have one and liked to lord it over everyone else. *chuckle*

I actually find Picture Publisher easier to use at a far cheaper price, my company paid for the copy I have of Photoshop. I was just kidding you a bit about how you knew it was Photoshop ... I have never found it necessary to update from 5.5 because if it was so good then, why pay the $99 or whatever it is everytime they come out with a new release.
Well, I use Photoshop professionally and the tools it contains over other, less expensive applications are needed for what I do within it. Some of my illustrations of Siamese cats are going to be published in a children's book early next year. So, I really do use a lot of the features that are only available in Photoshop.

Anyway, the pictures were very cute whatever they were done with and I was just trying to see if the term Photoshop is used just exactly like you have said. I just cannot keep up with all the new jargon.
They were cute, weren't they??? I think she did a very good job on them! But of course I am admittedly partial to Siamese cats ... *grin*