Natura Pet Foods steps up

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is a link to a video by the co-founder of Natura Pet Foods (makes of such brands as Innova, California Natural):
http://www.naturapetcare.com/

I am impressed, it is the right direction for the company to go in, imo. Thumbs up to them.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Kudos to them for explaining about the factories and wheat gluten, and thinking about a future course.
Now if they'd only start exporting again.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Kudos to them for explaining about the factories and wheat gluten, and thinking about a future course.
Now if they'd only start exporting again.
I have no sound on my puter ( not that I mind most of the time).. But I do beleive I got a synopsis and that does calm me a bit ...

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am on dial up and can't get video's to run.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I can't get it to open....
You need the Windows Media Player. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win.../download.aspx

Key Topics
Natura canned foods are made exclusively in Menu Foods' South Dakota plant - a plant which cannot make cuts and gravy products.
Natura has never contained wheat gluten, the reported source of the contamination.
Although not part of the recall, Natura will require even stricter Quality Control guidelines in our plants as well as Menu Foods' South Dakota plant.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The other key point, they are going to build their own plant

they will begin using domestic sourced ingredients as well, no further ingredients imported from China.

javern

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mr. Atkins certainly sends the right message at a time when there is so much confusion and fear. Too bad Menu Foods could not do the same. I plan to see if my cats will eat Natura products

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm impressed with Natura's response. It should increase consumer confidence in their products. Now I wish some of the other pet food companies would be as honest and forthcoming, including Menu Foods.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for posting this, Pat! You guys know I'm a long time supporter of Nutura. Still, with all that's been going on, I've had concerns even about them. I'm thrilled that this company is taking these protective changes to even more thoroughly improve the safety and quality of their products!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am impressed that Natura respects it's customers enough to speak directly to them about the recall.
No spin or evasions, just fact.
Thanks for posting this Pat.

pharmer25

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My vet recommended California Natural dry food, made by Natura, last year due to an excess shedding problem. I was a little put off by the price at first, but its been worth its weight in gold with the shedding and now worth even more with this recall business.

I am so thankful for my vets recommendation and even more pleased at their response during this time. I wish all companies were so concerned about the quality of their products, and not just the bottom line.

I will continue to use Natura products, and will even pay more to help them build their own manufacuring plant.

Thank you for the link to this message!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
YIPPY to making there own plant and using ONLY DOMESTIC ingrediant s,,, When I go back to using some canned I will use Cal Natural .... Does anyone have a Printable written form ??? I need to show my VET as she sells Nautra and had PULLED the canned as a precaution....