Hi, new cat owner!

morbo_2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, my name is Quek, and I'm from Malaysia (which is a country in South East Asia). Recently, a friend of mine, Albert, adopted this pregnant, stray cat (he named her Gabah) that happened to wander into his room. Soon enough, Gabah gave birth to a litter of 3 beautiful, baby, kittens (on the 5th of March). Unfortunately one of them did not manage to survive, I don't know whether it was due to my friend's ignorance, but, I guess that doesn't matter anymore.

Anyways, Albert had to leave the country for good, very very abruptly, due to some family problems, and he left me to tend for Gabah and the remaining 2 kittens, tentatively named Skinny and Fatso, for obvious reasons.

I found out about this site when I was trying to get some feedback on an eye problem that's affecting Skinny. I have a post on the issue here :
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=121549

Oh yea, one more thing. I've never owned a pet before, so taking care of Gabah and her 2 kittens is a very new, and exciting experience!

I hope I get to know all of you soon!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome Quek!
Thank you for giving Mom and two babies a home

If you cannot see anything that might actually be in the kittens eye, then please try to find a way to get it to a vet. I have a cat that has a similar problem and the vet said that sometimes kittens are born with a herpes type virus that can cause this. The vet just gives me some eye drops and it clears up in a week's time. If it is conjunctivitis , it can be passed on to the other two . It could be that the kitten just got scratched on the eye by the mother or the other kitten which the vet should be able to help treat, too! Good Luck and let us know how how she is doing!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS!
You will definitely find lots of information here on how to care for your cats.

Thank you for giving a good home to Gabah, Skinny and Fatso. Look forward to seeing some pictures!

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome! Good luck with the new kitties. What part of Malaysia are you from? A good friend of mine is also from Malaysia and he's told me a lot about it and shared a lot of literature from Malaysian writers with me. I enjoy learning about other cultures.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far everyone has given u good advice

As u can see also everyone here is so nice
THis site is very informative and helpful when need be as well
And of course we do love to have some fun around here
Well see u on the forums

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome! Bless you for taking care of mommy and babies!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and a warm welcome to you and your fur-family
Its great here theres always lots to do and see, it can soon become a bit of an addiction

Once you get settled, maybe you could post some photos
we just love photos here

Glad you dropped in to join us

Enjoy the forums !

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there Quek
we're so happy to welcome you and your lovely furfamily to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

morbo_2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry for the late reply. Got caught up with college and stuff. I'm glad to report that both the kittens are happy and healthy. They're about 5 weeks old alraedy, and they're running everywhere! It can get tiring to keep up with them.

The smaller kitten (formerly known as Skinny) was renamed to Dash, but I haven't got a good name for Fatso. Anyways, thanks to everyone for the warm greetings! The people here are all very friendly, and helpful. One of you said that you guys would enjoy some pictures, so without further ado :

Dash and his mommy, Gabah

Dash

Fatso

Sorry if the pics are kinda fuzzy. I'll try to get some higher-res stuff for you guys. Nice to be part of the family!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by morbo_2

Hi, my name is Quek, and I'm from Malaysia (which is a country in South East Asia). Recently, a friend of mine, Albert, adopted this pregnant, stray cat (he named her Gabah) that happened to wander into his room. Soon enough, Gabah gave birth to a litter of 3 beautiful, baby, kittens (on the 5th of March). Unfortunately one of them did not manage to survive, I don't know whether it was due to my friend's ignorance, but, I guess that doesn't matter anymore.

Anyways, Albert had to leave the country for good, very very abruptly, due to some family problems, and he left me to tend for Gabah and the remaining 2 kittens, tentatively named Skinny and Fatso, for obvious reasons.

I found out about this site when I was trying to get some feedback on an eye problem that's affecting Skinny. I have a post on the issue here :
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=121549

Oh yea, one more thing. I've never owned a pet before, so taking care of Gabah and her 2 kittens is a very new, and exciting experience!

I hope I get to know all of you soon!
It is so nice to have you! I did not need to know where Malaysia was because I have been there and I enjoyed it very much. We have other members here from Malaysia, just look in the upper right hand corner of posts and I am sure that you will soon find some.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS!
Absolutely adorable kitties!