Reached the first of my aims!!!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I decided to do aims rather then resolutions this year - all rescue related, admittedly and achieved the first one yesterday, which was to get my foster numbers to 30 by the 28th June, Shabba is no 30, so who knows how many more there will be by the target date!!! I am also well on my way to my second, which was to foster more than last year - due to long termers and home imps, I only fostered 6 cats the whole of last year. Shabba is no 5 this year, so I have no doubt there will be more than one between now and the end of the year!! Just got another 2 to work on, I am not doing too badly with the last which was to start buying an extra tin of food a week to split between the rescue I foster for and the one up the road - although I end up buying a 6 tin pack once a month to make sure I dont forget!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks - I know it is nothing compared to some people, but with the amount of long termers I seem to get, I am proud of it - I forgot to add, the reason why i had the 28th June as my target was that is my 3rd anniversary of fostering. I am sure I will keep it up, I love fostering

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations, you are doing a great job

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Anakat

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks - and I might have to have a new aim now for what my numbers can be for the end of the year - I know it is about quality and not quantity, but I always think it is good to have an aim to work towards - not that it makes any difference to the cat work I put in, I do it for love not money!!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, thanks you two.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by booktigger

I decided to do aims rather then resolutions this year - all rescue related, admittedly and achieved the first one yesterday, which was to get my foster numbers to 30 by the 28th June, Shabba is no 30, so who knows how many more there will be by the target date!!! I am also well on my way to my second, which was to foster more than last year - due to long termers and home imps, I only fostered 6 cats the whole of last year. Shabba is no 5 this year, so I have no doubt there will be more than one between now and the end of the year!! Just got another 2 to work on, I am not doing too badly with the last which was to start buying an extra tin of food a week to split between the rescue I foster for and the one up the road - although I end up buying a 6 tin pack once a month to make sure I dont forget!!
What do you mean exactly by the term "foster"? I know what I THINK it means but it is almost impossible for me to believe that somebody as great as you exists. Yours is the first post I have read this morning and you have started my day with a very warm feeling.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I either pick cats up from the rescue that aren't happy, or they come to me instead of the rescue (either cos the rescue wouldn't be ideal, or if we are full there), and they stay here in my cat room (some have been in the bathroom admittedly) until we can find a home for them - got 3 here at the moment. I know numbers aren't everything, but I am still proud of it, as the majority of mine have been long termers, and also that I do work full time as well. There are quite a few of us on here who foster, I think it is a wonderful job, but am glad I started your day off with a nice warm feeling!!