Water Intake

b842001

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How much water is normal for a aprox 5 month old kitten to drink? Especially while agressive playing?

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure in the exact amount per day but I do know that when my cat was a kitten she drank alot more water than my adult cat.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

it can also depend on what food your cat is eating, if it is dry then they will drink more
Agreed
If they eat dry food, they will drink quite a bit. If they eat nothing but canned food, they will not drink very much at all. If you're seeing something unusual or odd, I would call the vet.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by b842001

How much water is normal for a aprox 5 month old kitten to drink? Especially while agressive playing?
My cats eat nothing except dry food so I leave bowls of water in every room of the house. I have a set of baby scales and keep track of their weight and once I thought about keeping track of how much water they drank but things such as evaporation and spillage would not make this very accurate but I can tell you that they probably drink a lot more water than cats that eat only wet food. I do keep track to that point to know that is true.