dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cooked a turkey today because I've been craving it for a week now

It's fresh outta the oven and of course I had to taste it

I put too much SAGE on it!!!!!!!!
It doesn't taste right

Anything I can do to take that taste out????

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

I cooked a turkey today because I've been craving it for a week now

It's fresh outta the oven and of course I had to taste it

I put too much SAGE on it!!!!!!!!
It doesn't taste right

Anything I can do to take that taste out????
Well I wouldn't think you could get much out because it has cooked into it, When I use sage for stuffing or anything I perfer rubbed sage over ground, I don't think it's as strong, but I have done that same thing myself and had heartbrun for days
I just made a turkey Wed this week and mine wasn't as good as I thought it would be either

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh, as a vegetarian, I don't know nothin' 'bout cookin' no turkeys!
But I've heard that adding potatoes will absorb some of the extra spices if you go overboard. The only way I can think of to add potatoes to a turkey, though, would be to make soup out of it... which I'm sure is not what you had in mind!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

Well I wouldn't think you could get much out because it has cooked into it, When I use sage for stuffing or anything I perfer rubbed sage over ground, I don't think it's as strong, but I have done that same thing myself and had heartbrun for days
I just made a turkey Wed this week and mine wasn't as good as I thought it would be either
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Gosh, as a vegetarian, I don't know nothin' 'bout cookin' no turkeys!
But I've heard that adding potatoes will absorb some of the extra spices if you go overboard. The only way I can think of to add potatoes to a turkey, though, would be to make soup out of it... which I'm sure is not what you had in mind!
Well, I ended up feeding the turkey to DH and of course, he's a garbage disposal and will eat ANYTHING.. I took the broth, watered it down and made turkey dumplin's with it
I'm gonna put on 10 pounds and it's not even Thanksgiving