Status
Not open for further replies.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
** Edit - All new info about how to access the show right now is here -
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122326

On Saturday, April 7th, starting at approximately 10:30 AM Eastern Daylight Savings Time, TCS will be hosting a live chat broadcast via Skype. This is such a cool feature and one that we plan to be bringing to the membership on a regular basis in the future, but for now, we just plan to get together, chat with each other and see how it goes!

In order to participate, you must:

1) Be a registered member of TCS

2) Download, install and test the latest version of the Skype software (www.skype.com - follow download and installation instructions from there)

3) If you don't already have a Skype user id, register with your TCS user id to keep it simple. You must pre-register your id with me in order to be allowed to participate

4) If you do already have a Skype user id, it must be family-friendly and you must pre-register with me in order to be allowed to participate

5) If you want to be asked to talk live during the chat, please state this in your pre-registration request. We ask that you keep it short, have your questions or comments ready and be considerate of others waiting to talk.

That's pretty much it! This first session is just going to be for fun, but it will be open to the general public (that is to say, NON-TCS members), so you MUST pre-register your request to attend with me prior to the appointment chat session or you will not be allowed to participate. Simply send me a PM to let me know your Skype AND TCS user ids so that we can include you in the list of participants.

This will be a moderated chat - this means that you will be able to hear others and if you requested to speak live, you must wait for your turn. We will also be going down the list of people listening and will ask randomly if they want to talk live.

We are really looking forward to seeing a big turnout in this session, so get downloading, installing and testing the Skype software! See you next weekend!!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds fun!
I won't be able to chat that day, though because I am volunteering at a spay and neuter clinic and it's also my dog's 9th birthday. hope to catch you guys next time!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww, well at least you will be missing the chat for a very important reason! Good luck with the clinic and we will look for you next time!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I won't be able to chat on that day either because I will be working at the nursing home but maybe next time.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

On Saturday, April 7th, starting at approximately 10:30 AM Eastern Daylight Savings Time, TCS will be hosting a live chat broadcast via Skype. This is such a cool feature and one that we plan to be bringing to the membership on a regular basis in the future, but for now, we just plan to get together, chat with each other and see how it goes!

In order to participate, you must:

1) Be a registered member of TCS

2) Download, install and test the latest version of the Skype software (www.skype.com - follow download and installation instructions from there)

3) If you don't already have a Skype user id, register with your TCS user id to keep it simple. You must pre-register your id with me in order to be allowed to participate

4) If you do already have a Skype user id, it must be family-friendly and you must pre-register with me in order to be allowed to participate

5) If you want to be asked to talk live during the chat, please state this in your pre-registration request. We ask that you keep it short, have your questions or comments ready and be considerate of others waiting to talk.

That's pretty much it! This first session is just going to be for fun, but it will be open to the general public (that is to say, NON-TCS members), so you MUST pre-register your request to attend with me prior to the appointment chat session or you will not be allowed to participate. Simply send me a PM to let me know your Skype AND TCS user ids so that we can include you in the list of participants.

This will be a moderated chat - this means that you will be able to hear others and if you requested to speak live, you must wait for your turn. We will also be going down the list of people listening and will ask randomly if they want to talk live.

We are really looking forward to seeing a big turnout in this session, so get downloading, installing and testing the Skype software! See you next weekend!!
Sounds fantastic! TCS just keeps getting better and better!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a great idea! I shall be travelling on Saturday to t he UK for Easter, so will also miss it this time round, but I hope you guys all have great fun.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This sounds like fun.. DH has to download and install and find me the headset thing... If I just have speakers can I still do it without talking? I sure'd like to listen in!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

This sounds like fun.. DH has to download and install and find me the headset thing... If I just have speakers can I still do it without talking? I sure'd like to listen in!
Me, too! How fun! I need to get a "headset thing" too if we cant just listen in.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah it'b be so nice if we can... lord knows how long it takes DH to do anything I need done.. It'd be August before I got to listen if I have to wait for him! (I better start sucking up to him now to get it quicker!!) Best Buy here I come!

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ooohhh this is going to be great

Now I just gotta work out what the time difference is.

Is it 10.40pm US eastern standard time right now?

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by huggles

ooohhh this is going to be great

Now I just gotta work out what the time difference is.

Is it 10.40pm US eastern standard time right now?
No, you posted this at 1:40 am Eastern standard time.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

No, you posted this at 1:40 am Eastern standard time.
ooohhh of course, silly me. I went on western time not eastern

hmmm so 10.30am US eastern time is about 12.30am Aust time.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Just to clarify, you don't have to pre-register to listen in. You do need to pre-register if you want to go "on the air" and talk.

There will be a "typing" chat room open alongside the show, I will post the URL to that one before we start, in this thread here. The Skypecast itself is voice only, where most people will be in as listeners, and our host (Gaye) will get people on the air to talk to use, according to the lists of members that pre-register to talk on the show.

I am working on finding a way to record the skypecast, so that we'll have it available for downloading to members that can't make it for the show itself.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cool so no pre-register, just to listen. sounds fun,
do we need to add you to are skype? or did i miss the id there.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

cool so no pre-register, just to listen. sounds fun,
do we need to add you to are skype? or did i miss the id there.
No, no need to add anyone. I will provide a link here directly to the Sypecast and you will just click to join from that page (it will connect you through your Skype). The show will also be featured in the Skypecast directory here -
https://skypecasts.skype.com/skypecasts/ongoing

Status
Not open for further replies.