I am sooooo stuffed!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got back from lunch at the big Chinese buffet down the road. Almost had to roll me out.

I had arrived thinking it was just a chance for me and Mom to eat with sis and bro-in-law. (He and mom are big shrimp eaters.) Turns out it was a surprise birthday party!
(Actual birthday will be April 5.)

Since it's the big 5-0, sis called the aunts and uncles and cousins and invited them. Ended up with 17 there and some nice presents - including cash and a cat toy.

Anyway
I think it's time for a nap though Ari and Topaz would rather I play with them. They love that fur mouse on a stick.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah. Next Saturday niece and her family will be down for Easter and we're celebrating then, too. (Nephew lives locally, but his son was wrestling and had one more match. At the time he was in first place!)

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seems like alots of us are reaching 50 this year-time for a virtual party!!!
I hope you had a good time and ate lots of goodies!!
What are your favorite Chinese buffet goodies??

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Seems like alots of us are reaching 50 this year-time for a virtual party!!!
I hope you had a good time and ate lots of goodies!!
What are your favorite Chinese buffet goodies??
1957 was an excellent year.

In this restaurant I like the pineapple chicken, peanut chicken, and sesame chicken, and the vegetable lo mein. The beef and pork dishes all seemed to be spicy today (not good for the tummy) so I didn't have any. Also had some cantaloupe and 2 dishes of mint chocolate chip ice cream. (Well, it was my birthday party...)

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a lovely surprise, Jan! And Happy Birthday! You know, now that you've begun celebrating, you can't stop until your birthday is over...

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

What a lovely surprise, Jan! And Happy Birthday! You know, now that you've begun celebrating, you can't stop until your birthday is over...
This birthday will be lasting at least a week because the niece and nephew and their families will be celebrating this Saturday.

April 1st is also celebrated because I was almost born on the first! Mom was at the hospital and the pains were 5 minutes apart. She had a spoonful of Jello ready to go into her mouth the pains stopped. Luckily, before they sent her home, a nurse warned her that they would resume where they left off.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww! How sweet!

I love the cat toy for a present! I've seriously had people give me weird looks when I've said that I'd love a petsmart gift card for my birthday!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a great surprise and I hope you had a great time as well!

:

Happy early birthday!!!