L'Oreal Natural Match

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wondering if anyone has used this to colour their hair? Thinking about picking it up this weekend and trying it. I just need something that will enhance my natural colour a bit....nothing drastic.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Russian Blue

Just wondering if anyone has used this to colour their hair? Thinking about picking it up this weekend and trying it. I just need something that will enhance my natural colour a bit....nothing drastic.
I haven't but I've been coloring my hair for a long time, so if it doesn't turn out the way you want it to, let me know. You can always fix it.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How about some highlights to accentuate your hair colour? If I remember correctly, you have lovely blonde hair?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use "L'Image"

I've been thinking about not colouring my hair anymore. It's starting to go silver...that metalic type of silver and even professional hair colours don't really grab that kind of hair.

Plus it's fashionable for men to have greying hair...why not women?

Of course I may change my mind one day, but for now I'm just letting my hair be it's own natural colour.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I *think* thats what I used. It worked OK for me, but as it was red, it faded(as I expected). My little sister dyed hers dark blonde(to bring out her natural color) & it turned a funny shade....kinda redish. Maybe it's just our well water....

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did mine dark ash blonde in the Color Match (first time I used it) last time, and the color is okay, but it is already fading a bit (after 2 weeks) despite my using the Pantene for light brunettes conditioner and the color it is fading to is lighter than my natural color at the roots, which were my natural color (which is what I was trying to get back to- it wasn't off much (fell within their recommended color), but so far, I'm not terribly impressed. It also did what all the others do- is redder at the roots than the rest of it *sigh*. I think I might try something else, like whatever Revlon? is touting now?

Someone makes a lowlight (as opposed to highlights) kit that I loved when I dyed my hair blond- gave it a lot of depth and interest, just be sure you use the recommended color
. And it lasted a long time, too
. Maybe I should just do that again...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for your input.

Originally Posted by Kiwideus

How about some highlights to accentuate your hair colour? If I remember correctly, you have lovely blonde hair?
I used to have blonde highlights, but my natural colour is a light to medium brown. I was tired of spending the money ($120 for cut/highlights) especially since I have very short hair!

Last year I stopped the colouring and now I'm totally my natural colour but it's a little dull. I've been using John Frieda's colour gloss which gives it a deeper tone but you have to continue to use it at least 3 times a week and it's a bit messy.

I bought the L'oreal Natural Match 5N, but haven't used it yet. Maybe I'll try it next weekend. If I end up using it I'll report back with results.

Thanks guys!