Help !!! There's something wrong with Cammie

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday she didn't eat anything and she was like gaging up foamy stuff, I just got up to check on her and she was in my closet laying by the water bowel, but I don't think she's been drinking, she came out into the Bedroom and stated gaging up some more foam, Thursday evening I gave her some cat grass she ate a bit of it, Could she have a hairball stuck she has a lot of hair and I do keep her groomed, she doesn't look right though, Not in a panic or anything just not quit right, is there anything I can do to find out if there is something stuck , plus I don't think she has gone poo for a couple of days I gave her the lthe stuff for hairballs 2 times yesterday ...

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You need to take her to the vet asap. It sounds very serious. Cat's cannot do well after even 2 days of no food and water. Please take her to the vet straight away, don't call for an appointment, take her as soon as they open.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

You need to take her to the vet asap. It sounds very serious. Cat's cannot do well after even 2 days of no food and water. Please take her to the vet straight away, don't call for an appointment, take her as soon as they open.
well she has eaten a bit but not much I am trying to figure out if she may have a hair ball stuck, shes like trying to vomit but more like gagging foamy stuff,
Why do these things happen in the middle of the night and when you are alone gads I'm a mess

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
How is she doing now Lois? I agree you should get her to a vet. Is there an Emergency vet in your area?

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
please get her to vet - she could have blockage - she needs help

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any update? Did you get her to the vet? I am sending lots of bood vibes for her.

Even with hairball treatment, etc. Alley still go hairballs pretty regularly. However, it never took her long to cough them up, so I would be worried that your kitty has one stuck or something.

deljo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just went through a hosp. stay with Sweetie. My best advice is take her to a vet ASAP. We're not qualified to decide what is wrong with our kitties expecially when it goes on for a while. Good vibes for her.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you spray any kind of chemical around the inside of the house?? Our cats had that one time because we sprayed ant spray in bathroom, thought it had dried enough, so we let cats back in. Well, they would try to throw up, but couldn't and would start foaming. So if we do spray we let it dry completely and do not let them in for a couple of hours and it is all cleaned up. If I can offer you any comfort until you get to a vet, try to find a syringe with a plunger and give her a couple of full quirts per hour. It will at least keep her hydrated. Keep us posted.

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she's gagging up white foam and not eating and drinking she needs to see a vet immediately. April Joy had these symptoms last year. If I hadn't taken her to the vet she would have died. The vet will give your kitty subcutaneous fluids (your cat is severely dehydrated) and a very bitter medicine called flagyl.

Please take your cat to the vet ASAP and please keep us posted! I'm sending prayers and vibes.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry it took me so long to update the internet connection was down, I took her this morning and she was just a tad dehydrated, she was a little constipated not a lot of poo there and no fever and her throat is irritated and sore probably from gagging witch is probably coming from her tummy.
I was so afraid it was something bad, she got 2 shots some fluids witch he said should get the colon going to,and some antibiotics 2 times a day.
She is such a good cat to take to the vet she never acts up, I am so relieved and so tired from being up all night crying. I hope she will feel better later this evening.
Thank You all for the support
I am so tired now I think I will lay down for a bit..

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so glad to hear it is something minor! Feel better soon Cammie.

Go get some rest Lois.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I don't think she's still feeling great I think it's becase her throat is sore so she doe not want to eat or drink, I have been giving her water with a syringe. But she was playing with the DA Bird like crazy. So if she isnt better I will have her back there tomorrow, I guess it takes a bit for the antibotics to work..I hope she is better by later today really I hate seeing any of them not feeling good. Thanks for all the kind thoughts

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's so stressful to see our kitties not feeling well. you did good taking her to the vet!