Sharky or someone anyone HELP

jaclyn4238

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok I cant read through the posts about what to feed and not my head is spinning.. when the recall nightmare first hit i was feeding Nutro pouches... I returned them in a new york second and got FROMM wet and Wellness Wet as well as a rotation of Raw instinct DRY and Inova Evo Dry and some Purina 1 dry... now reading about menu foods and made by a company that carry's menu foods im so confused. what can i feed my cats for a wet food that is no threat... in no way recalled or assosociated with the plants or menu foods period?? is FROMM ok?? as for dry I am going to Chicken SOUP dry period.. but my cats need wet... ok im rambling but its late and im a mess

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fromms is okay

Chicken soup is okay ...

my vet pulled her wet that was Menu related but not recall related if that gives you and idea

I personally am no longer feeding wet since so many brands are involed with MENU and had the option s of raw and homemade

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaclyn4238

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok i just looked at Fromm's website and they said their product is made at a human food plant and in no way related at all to menu foods... so this is what i will be feeding.. I completely FREAKED out ihave two pregnant queens here right now and the LAST thing I need are any unnecessary complications.
this is so troublesome.. first with Human food recalls the spinach, then the melons and what ever else they found bacteria in now pet foods... we are all going to have to start farming our own :censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor: food!!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaclyn4238

Ok i just looked at Fromm's website and they said their product is made at a human food plant and in no way related at all to menu foods... so this is what i will be feeding.. I completely FREAKED out ihave two pregnant queens here right now and the LAST thing I need are any unnecessary complications.
this is so troublesome.. first with Human food recalls the spinach, then the melons and what ever else they found bacteria in now pet foods... we are all going to have to start farming our own :censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor: food!!
Yeah that reminds me I need to get busy making new garden beds

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One thing I will mention, I would avoid foods with wheat gluten as that seems to be the problem in all foods affected.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaclyn4238

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
oi ve i wonder if FROMM has wheat Glueten!? or If chicken soup for the kitten lovers soul does I cant believe its midnight and im obsessing over cat food. My husband said I didnt think twice about saute'ing spinach when that whole bunch of nonsense happened lol and now im up intensely studying cat food

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaclyn4238

oi ve i wonder if FROMM has wheat Glueten!? or If chicken soup for the kitten lovers soul does I cant believe its midnight and im obsessing over cat food. My husband said I didnt think twice about saute'ing spinach when that whole bunch of nonsense happened lol and now im up intensely studying cat food
The frommms in the tomato sauce are gluten free ..... chicken soup canned has no wheat but is not gluten free

halifaxhoney

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
According to the website Chicken Soup Foods contain no wheat gluten/wheat.

techiegirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

One thing I will mention, I would avoid foods with wheat gluten as that seems to be the problem in all foods affected.
A completely agree and think that is just the safest thing to to - wet or dry - avoid anything with wheat gluten!
BTW, I love your siggy!