Am I the only one here that loves LUSH???

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a store/line of personal hygeine products that I am officially ADDICTED to! It's called Lush, and it's not widely available, but we've had a gaggle of stores here for a little over a year.

http://usa.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb/i...en_US&dlang=en for those in the US
or
http://ca.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb/in...en_CA&dlang=en for the Canadians
or
http://www.lusk.co.uk if you're across the pond. It originated in the UK, so I imagine some of our British friends may also have access to these things.

But I blew a tremendous amount of money there, and other than wasting 9 bucks on conditioner that wasn't heavy enough, I am ADDICTED to everything I got there. Oh, and I melted my shampoo bar, but it still does its job in it's squishy state. It just isn't as pretty anymore.

I've used a few of their products in the past, like the Bath Ballistics, Bubble Bars and a Skin Conditioner, but haven't really tried anything else (other than borrowing from my sister!) until now.

Here's what I got:
Flying Fox shower gel. I will never again go without this...it's Jasmine and Honey and makes my whole apartment smell good. And it's a real pick-me-up.

Godiva Shampoo Bar (which I melted...oops) and Seanik Shampoo Bar (which I haven't actually used yet)..but the Godiva is just divine and works with the Flying Fox really well. And they say these things last for 80 washes with proper care. Of course, I destroyed mine!

American Cream conditioner
which smells like strawberry ice cream and makes my hair super-soft! I also got Veganese Conditioner, which wasn't heavy enough for my dry, abused hair, but smelled nice.

I got Angels on Bare Skin for when my skin is behaving itself (or even gets a little chapped) and got samples of 3 others to try when the weather starts to get sticky and gross (Ocean Salt, Fresh Farmacy and Herbalism). My skin is super soft after using Angels, but I tend to get baby breakouts around that time of the month, so we'll see what happens then.

I also got a new pot of Dream Cream which just an all-around awesome body lotion. I got Helping Hands for my hands, and I'm going to compare that to the stuff Ian got me from Kiehl's and see how it stacks up. As pricey as Kiehl's was, I was only mildly impressed with it.

So, if you're also a Lushie...speak up! I'd like to hear your favorites, now that I'm newly addicted!

And the best part?

Nothing they make, and nothing their suppliers give them, has been tested on animals!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE their bath bombs when i can find them!!!! They're amazing!!!!
I will have to try the Flying Fox shower gel if i can find it. It sounds yummy!!!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of them.

What's a "Bath Bomb"?

I just use Herbal Essence Shampoo, and for showering I use Oil of Olay Body Wash. As a skin conditioner I use either Curel or Nivia Body Lotion. I don't put moisturizer on my face because my skin is so oily.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I've never heard of them.

What's a "Bath Bomb"?

I just use Herbal Essence Shampoo, and for showering I use Oil of Olay Body Wash. As a skin conditioner I use either Curel or Nivia Body Lotion. I don't put moisturizer on my face because my skin is so oily.
A Bath Bomb is basically essential oils and mild skin conditioners packaged in a sodium bicarbonate ball that "explodes" when dropped into a bathtub full of hot water. Generally, it makes the water smooth and scented, softens you skin and is aromatherapy, all in one! Plus, it makes your bathroom smell amazing.

My favorites are Golden Slumbers and Sexbomb.

Personally, I try not to use drug-store or very processed cosmetics....my skin is quite sensitive and I'm leery of some of the synthetics that go into them. I also will not use any kind of cosmetic that has been tested on animals. So, Lush is a perfect solution for me...too bad they're pricey! But it's money that I won't have to spend on fast food! :lo3:

Nikki...where do you get your Bath Bombs?

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm totally intimidated by that store. I know I shouldn't be, but there's something about it that says to me "I am too good for you".
I should just get over myself though, because I've always heard good things about it, and it smells SOOOO good when I walk past.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never heard of them, but I just did a store search near me, and there is one at the most expensive mall in town..the one I can't visit because I don't have the right clothes to even be seen there..

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

A Bath Bomb is basically essential oils and mild skin conditioners packaged in a sodium bicarbonate ball that "explodes" when dropped into a bathtub full of hot water. Generally, it makes the water smooth and scented, softens you skin and is aromatherapy, all in one! Plus, it makes your bathroom smell amazing.
Ahh! I make those. I used to have a home based business where I made bath and skin care products.

You should really try making your own. It's much cheaper and you can get them to smell just as nice

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Am I the only one here that loves LUSH???
No, you aren't! My Secret Santa turned me on to them and I am totally over the moon with this company, it's products and it's marketing appeal. Honestly, my mother and I were discussing purchasing a US franchise a while back. She loves them too!

Their Bath Bombs are the bee's knees. I love the ones that leave little plastic flowers or glittery stuff in the water. It makes a horrible mess in the tub afterwards, but by then, the bathroom smells so good, I don't mind sticking around to clean it up. *LOL*

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pekoe & Nigel

I'm totally intimidated by that store. I know I shouldn't be, but there's something about it that says to me "I am too good for you".
I should just get over myself though, because I've always heard good things about it, and it smells SOOOO good when I walk past.
You know, I was for a while as well! It's on a very well-to-do main-shopping drag where the Beautiful People shop (I actually spotted Kate Walsh of Grey's Anatomy on said drag once, and a few scenes from The Breakup were shot there), so I know the feeling of intimidation!

But I actually really needed some aromatherapy stuff (I know, hippy stuff, but I does wonders for me personally!) when I was having a bad week, so literally just ran into the store all discombobulated and almost in tears and they gave me a free lavendar bath bomb and a free slice or lavendar soap and were just generally sweet. When I went in there looking for new products for my "regime" recently...they were very helpful and know TONS about everything in the store and will load you up with samples, even if you just buy one or two little things

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Nikki...where do you get your Bath Bombs?
My best friend Renae ordered a bunch for Christmas. She gave them to me and her family!
She heard about them from her sister Rachel (she goes to Tulane out in New Orleans)
I wish we had a LUSH store in Memphis or Bartlett! That would be awesome! I'm thinking about ordering a few bath bombs and other things from them online. Were you happy with everything you ordered?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ahh! I make those. I used to have a home based business where I made bath and skin care products.

You should really try making your own. It's much cheaper and you can get them to smell just as nice
How do you make them if you could tell us!
I would be really interested in trying to make some bath bombs! I love them!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

My best friend Renae ordered a bunch for Christmas. She gave them to me and her family!
She heard about them from her sister Rachel (she goes to Tulane out in New Orleans)
I wish we had a LUSH store in Memphis or Bartlett! That would be awesome! I'm thinking about ordering a few bath bombs and other things from them online. Were you happy with everything you ordered?
I personally have yet to order online. My mom ordered my sis's xmas gifts, though, and they arrived just fine

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I personally have yet to order online. My mom ordered my sis's xmas gifts, though, and they arrived just fine
Thankyou! That is good to know
I will definitely consider ordering a few things online when i have some extra $ to spend
I LOVED the bath bombs my friend got me! If the rest of their line is that good i will be in heaven!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thankyou! That is good to know
I will definitely consider ordering a few things online when i have some extra $ to spend
I LOVED the bath bombs my friend got me! If the rest of their line is that good i will be in heaven!
Yeah, they put "melt warnings" next to things you should ship at your own risk.

Definitely order little things first. I haven't ever experienced anything repulsive they make, but the relative success of their stuff varies a lot depending on your hair type and skin type.

You can always ask me, though, because I'm slowly using everything they sell

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah, they put "melt warnings" next to things you should ship at your own risk.

Definitely order little things first. I haven't ever experienced anything repulsive they make, but the relative success of their stuff varies a lot depending on your hair type and skin type.

You can always ask me, though, because I'm slowly using everything they sell
omg! this is sooo bad! i've already got 9 things in my "bag" at the moment!
hey have you tried the shower jellies? Those look soooo much fun! They did have a caution sign by them because they might melt. Most of the things in my bag at the moment are bath bombs (love them!) but i also wanted to try the dream cream as well. i'm decided to hold off on trying any shampoos/conditioners at the moment since i do have psorasis on my scalp and i FINALLY just got it under control with some medicated shampoo/liquid. Better not chance it! the soaps however -i'm game! What about hand creams? what's your favorite? I'm just going to put a few things in my "bag" for now sort of like a wish list and when i get some money i'll order them
oh man, Allie- you've you shouldn't have shown me the site!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

How do you make them if you could tell us!
I would be really interested in trying to make some bath bombs! I love them!
I have books that I purchased and started with the recipes in them and then adapted them to make them more my own.

I looked in google and here are some links to recipes that are very similar, and you can scent them however you want. If you want sparkly stuff and plastic thingys left, just stick some glitter or plastic thingys in the mold before adding the mixture.

http://www.teachsoap.com/bombs.html

http://web.ncf.ca/aj471/BathBombs.html

http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebst...lay&page_id=20

You would be surprised at how easy it is to make so many of the things that you pay a fortune for. $6.00 for one "Bath Bomb" (I call them Bath Fizzies)!!!!!! That's outrageous pricing.

You can make your own bath oil, bubble bath, soaps, shampoo, face cleansers etc, all with pretty much what you already have in your kitchen.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have books that I purchased and started with the recipes in them and then adapted them to make them more my own.

I looked in google and here are some links to recipes that are very similar, and you can scent them however you want. If you want sparkly stuff and plastic thingys left, just stick some glitter or plastic thingys in the mold before adding the mixture.

http://www.teachsoap.com/bombs.html

http://web.ncf.ca/aj471/BathBombs.html

http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebst...lay&page_id=20

You would be surprised at how easy it is to make so many of the things that you pay a fortune for. $6.00 for one "Bath Bomb" (I call them Bath Fizzies)!!!!!! That's outrageous pricing.

You can make your own bath oil, bubble bath, soaps, shampoo, face cleansers etc, all with pretty much what you already have in your kitchen.
Thankyou!!! Wow! I'm definitely going to have to try some of those!

techiegirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
"personal hygeine products???"....

I was just a LITTLE worried about opening that linkl!

Hygeine is one thing... personal hygeine???

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by techiegirl

"personal hygeine products???"....

I was just a LITTLE worried about opening that linkl!

Hygeine is one thing... personal hygeine???
Me too but I miss read and thought it said ORAL hygeine