Smoke! Yeck...

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My wife and I went over to our friend's house and had a cookout and made smores. It wasn't totally warm out but we decided to do it anyway. As soon as we fired up the pit, the wind picked up. Every time I went to go burn a marshmallow, within 2 seconds, my eyes were burning from all the smoke, even if it wasn't blowing in my direction.

We had a great time, but now we both smell like smoke. Blah! Granted, smelling like smoked sticks is better than cigarette smoke, but it's still nasty and permiates everything.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ya I know the feeling. I was at my friends house and we had a little fire. He put a bunch of leaves from his old maple tree on the fire. I've never seen so much smoke. I live about 12 KM (about 9 miles) away from him and I could still see the smoke from my house.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yuck! I hate smoke. I'm really sensitive to it so i usually wind up having an asthma attack around it. / I bet those smores were yummy though!!!!
That sounds awesome right now!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have neighbors that instist on pouring lighter fluid all over their charcoal to light the grill.
The smoke and horrible fumes fill up the condo almost daily in nice weather

I have to turn off the AC, turn on both bathroom vent fans, the oven vent fan and use box fans to quickly air the condo out before Jeremy has an asthma attack.
Silly kids just don't seem to understand how nasty it is.

But...smores and burnt mallows....Mmmmmm

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i think the worst kind of smoke is cigarette smoke, I absolutely CAN NOT STAND IT! It turns my stomach, gives me headaches, yuck!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
haha, I can relate! A week ago I went to my brother's for dinner and he has a stove that has one of those indoor electric grills on it.

He made skewers and grilled them. The whole place was filled with a haze of smoke. Usually the grill fan works really well, but the plate under his grill needs to be replaced because it's black with old burned drippings and it caused the whole thing to make more smoke than it usually does.

He had to open the windows at the front of the house and back in and turn on his ceiling fans in order to get rid of the smoke, LOL

Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

My wife and I went over to our friend's house and had a cookout and made smores. It wasn't totally warm out but we decided to do it anyway. As soon as we fired up the pit, the wind picked up. Every time I went to go burn a marshmallow, within 2 seconds, my eyes were burning from all the smoke, even if it wasn't blowing in my direction.

We had a great time, but now we both smell like smoke. Blah! Granted, smelling like smoked sticks is better than cigarette smoke, but it's still nasty and permiates everything.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always have that problem - no matter where I sit, the smoke heads for me!

Though Momma always said "Smoke blows towards beauty..."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

I always have that problem - no matter where I sit, the smoke heads for me!

Though Momma always said "Smoke blows towards beauty..."
Well we were all beautiful I guess

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean. My husband has spent the last week burning brush from when we cleared the land, and while I love the smell of wood smoke when its burning, it does get into everything! I figured I'd open up the windows while he was outside burning to get fresh air in...stupid me! I'll never do that again!