cat show on tv

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness!!! I was just watching Access Hollywood on NBC and they had cats that will be competing in a CFA show that will be aired on the game show network! It was so neat. They had a Siamese, Sphynx, Himalayan (I think), and some others. I can't remember them all.

Does anyone know when this will be aired?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't have any of the extra cable. I hope some in here watch it and let us know what breeds....I of course, want to know if an ocicat is shown (CFA doesn't accept the Bengals, so any spotted cat would be the oci). Should be chocolate brown like Charlie. Charlie's breeder is campaigning several of them this year

winter hawk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
GoldenKitty45.......
The C.F.A. allows Egyptian Mau's to be shown in their events. So, there may be other spotted cats as well. I'm thinking that the show airs on Sunday evening April 1st, at 7 pm. We're gonna watch it whenever it is. If I find out its a different date and time......I will post the information here in this thread.

Winter Hawk

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry - I forgot about them. Its not a common spotted cat at the shows anymore. It would be more likely to see the ocicat then the mau

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There was a spotted cat!!!! No kidding, it looked like Charlie!!!! Sorry I forgot because they didn't mention what type of cat it was, while some of the others they did.

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
http://www.gsn.com/cat/index.php

GSN celebrates cats, the #1 pet worldwide, with CAT-MINSTER: The 19th Annual CFA International Cat Show. This is one of the industry's most prestigious events, spotlighting 41 different breeds and over 700 cats from the U.S., Asia, Canada, Europe and South America.

Donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t miss this exciting special hosted by Bob Goen (THATâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]S THE QUESTION, "Entertainment Tonight") and Marianne Curan ("Landscapers' Challenge").

The first half of this unique special lends a rare glimpse inside the world of competitive cat shows, following five top breeders training their 'prized kittens' to show at the worldâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s most prestigious cat-competition. The second half features the championship event itself, (See the spectacular feline agility course!) culminating with the award for top honors: 'Best in Show.'

Sunday 7/6c

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks tiffanyjbt for the info.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't see all of this but I seen the end of the top 60 and the top ten judging. I seen a Siamese at the end of the top 60 and it didn't look as extreme as pictures I have seen of winning Siamese. Could they have begun moving away from the very very extreme type?

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A smoky blue persian won the CFA best show. They had many breeds to include ocicat, abysinian, american curl, european burmese, chartreux, cornish rex, egyptian mau, korat, maine coon, calico manx, norwegian forest cat, ragdoll, siamese, singapura, somali, sphinx, and many, many, more. It really was a good show and I'd like to see if I could find one close to me if I can just to experience one.

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was in church and I didn't record it, so I missed the show.
If anyone by chance recorded it, could you please PM me? Thanks.

Denice I don't know if that is what it means, but that would be exciting.

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just plain forgot it was on!

Any chance they'll be reairing it?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know if it's going to be aired again. I forgot to mention that there was an oci in the last of the top 60 that I saw. It was from a breeder named Dr. Elizabeth Hodgkins. I guess because Charlie is still a kitten I didn't realize how muscular they are as adults. He also seemed to be a high energy cat with a lot of personality.

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The oci actually made it to finals. Top 10 I think. He was a beautiful cat and I would have liked to have seen him or one of the abys win. Oh well...

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I recall the show results correctly, the Abys were from Zehnder and don't worry, those cats are doing extremely well regoinally and nationally!

To add to GK's point - it just depends on the cats shown really...and in CFA - you have one year like '05-06 which was totally dominated by Shorthairs (there were only some 5-6 Longhair cats in the adult class and about the same in Kitten class Nationally) and then you have the '06-07 Show season (current) which appears to be dominated by the Long Hair cats.

It happens!

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The Ragdoll, Furreal Sweet Caroline was in the top 60, owned and bred by Mary Riddell.

Here is her site.
http://home.inreach.com/furreal/
You may notice some of the pictures on her site familiar, as her kittens have been advertised with a major chain of pet stores.

Each breed, was spectacular, and I would have loved to see one of them a little longer.

winter hawk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tiffanyjbt

The oci actually made it to finals. Top 10 I think. He was a beautiful cat and I would have liked to have seen him or one of the abys win. Oh well...
There were at least three spotted cats in the top 60......two Ocicats, and one Egyptian Mau.......no spotted cats left in the Top Ten......unfortunately.
What were they thinking? We watched it and recorded it....watched it again last night. It showed a portion of the show that was a agility competition and I'm pretty sure that there was a Bengal in that part, I wonder why they chose to use a Bengal when they don't allow Bengals to show in C.F.A.? Perhaps the people that produced the show were unaware....who knows? There were some absolutely drop-dead gorgeous cats and hopefully it was viewed by enough people that they will re-run the show as well as put MORE on TV in the future.....I hope.

Winter Hawk

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it was a CFA show, it was not a Bengal. Unless they had a HHP section, it was probably an oci. I'd really like to meet a Bengal in person and compare them side by side to tell the real differences so I could tell them apart

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I only caught the cats that finaled. I was pretty sure that an oci had finaled to be considered for best cat... I must be getting old!

I think the agility performances are held by ICAT, which is completely autonomous from CFA. If agility is in a different building than the CFA show, it may have actually been a bengal. I've seen some bengals that do resemble ocicats, but a show quality bengal and a show quality ocicat will look very
different.

GK, you can bring Charlie over for comparison, even though mine are marbled! LOL! We could at least compare type and conformation. Maybe I'll see you and Charlie at an ACFA show?