If you are boycotting because of the recall, What are you feeding now?

marishka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm feeding Natural Balance dry (have for awhile now, we both love it), as for wet I just switched to Fromm canned from the fancy feast (because of their parents company, nestle-purina, association with menu). I hate to admit it, but I am so tempted to go back to FF since it was such an easy choice here with my cat...

I have also been curious as to what other peopel are feeding their cats, (or dogs for that matter). It's like pulling teeth trying to get straight info from so many companies. For instance, I just found out that By Nature cat food is owned by Blue Seal, who sends some of their blue seal food to menu. Makes it hard...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am only avoiding canned by all companies having anything to do with Menu... I am feeding raw and some homemade

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I never really did like Iams, science diet I used though before I knew better I fed these foods, I was met with critasism by my dad and his girlfriend over my foods, Innova Evo and sold gold among others, But sens the recall my dads girlfriend has opened up to the facts that pet food can be risky and has switched her cats over to kitty stew, or something cannot remember the name.

I am now feeding Innova Evo dry and Raw narture's varity. Researching the foods you get for yourself and your pets, as well as singing solo sometimes over matters others see as unnesscary is a great move.

catitudes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am not boycotting menu foods, at least, not intentionally. My kitty was way overweight last summer so I decided to switch him to canned. Presently, I rotate California Natural Deep Water Oceanfish, CN Chicken & Brown Rice, along with Merrick Surf n Turf. I sprinkle in the occasional Chicken Soup Lite, Authority Lite, etc canned foods as well.

At night, he gets 1.5 tablespoons of dry, which consists of 1/3 Evo, 1/3 Evo Reduced Fat & 1/3 Chicken Soup regular. None of these foods were on the Menu recall list, so I didn't have to change one thing in my kitty's diet. I will be changing his rotation soon to limit fish and fish based foods.

And yes, he has slimmed down quite a bit since last summer.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm feeding Natural Balance, NVP raw medallions, Innova dry, among other things. I'm not wholly boycotting as I'm feeindg MAX cat chicken dry food to my 3 UTI kitties so they don't get another UTI(or 3).

Hopefully, I will have my by Nature pouches(thanks to Pat) & Tiki Cat, Evangers, & another canned food soon!

marishka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Panther pride

Researching the foods you get for yourself and your pets, as well as singing solo sometimes over matters others see as unnesscary is a great move.
I agree whole heartedly on this right here. Well said!