This is SO incredibly cute - had to share!

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Isn't that just the sweetest thing!!!!! They just look like a pair of kids on their first date!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just love how, after they separated, one reached out to grab the paw of the other one so they could float together again.

I've loved otters since I read "Island of the Blue Dolphins" when I was a little girl.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I just love how, after they separated, one reached out to grab the paw of the other one so they could float together again.

I've loved otters since I read "Island of the Blue Dolphins" when I was a little girl.
Yep, that part was soooo cute

I never saw that but I remember reading the book in elementary school...back in the dark ages...when we had to read by candlelight...

Hilda>^..^<

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I know!! That was so adorable! The big one reached out to grab a hold of the other's paw again. OMG, that was sooo sweet.
Thank you for sharing.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Otters are some of the sweetest critters in the whole world and I've always had a soft spot for them. And if you were tempted to wonder whether it was a coincidence that their paws were touching, you were sure disabused of that notion when they re-connected.
Sweeter than possible!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My local news just did a blurb on this video. It is hte most viewed right now with over 2.5 million hits. Turns out the otters hold hands like that to maintain contact with one another in turbulent waters when at sea. That makes sense, but I like to think they may just like to do it, too