vibes please

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
one of my babys hasnt been home since y/day , i know in the summer months he can be out for a few days at a time , but since it started getting cold his been in nearlly all the time , didnt want to go outside atall , but now his not come in for food i cant see him anywhere , im just hoping his being a little sod and just lazying around somewhere , but its been raining all day so im getting a little worried now

iv had him since he was about 5 months old he was a stray so his always been used to outside. his now 6 years old. please just send some get home safe vibes my way please.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok false alarm , he came in late last night. theres no way i can keep him an in door cat as his been an outside cat since he was born.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad he got home safe! He'd probably found somewhere to shelter from the rain

fosterkitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX

ok false alarm , he came in late last night. theres no way i can keep him an in door cat as his been an outside cat since he was born.
Actually, I have a cat who was an outside cat all of his life, and once he came inside he never looked back. I would never let any of my cats outside. I only let one go out at all, and he is always on a harness and a leash, just so he can roll in the grass and chase bugs for a little while, and then right back inside he goes. People saying they "can't" keep theer cats inside is a bunch of bunk IMO.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fosterkitty

People saying they "can't" keep theer cats inside is a bunch of bunk IMO.
Your obviously very lucky then as I`ve read that indoor only cats have a whole load of psychological problems due to being confined indoors hence all the problems people have with cats urinating, being destructive etc.
IMO it would be cruel to keep a cat in once it has had a taste of the outdoor life unless you can keep it mentally stimulated.

fosterkitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

Your obviously very lucky then as I`ve read that indoor only cats have a whole load of psychological problems due to being confined indoors hence all the problems people have with cats urinating, being destructive etc.
IMO it would be cruel to keep a cat in once it has had a taste of the outdoor life unless you can keep it mentally stimulated.
Since you are from overseas, I don't think you have the problems that we Americans have. The rescue that I foster for will not even consider your application of you plan on letting the cat outdoors, and I have seen very few other rescues that will allow it also. I have 6 cats. None have any urge at all to go outside, and the one who does, gets his harness and his leash and he goes outside with total supervision. I also have no behavioral problems whatsoever. None of my cats are destructive and the only one who has ever urinated innapropriately is Henry, my UTI prone kitty, when he was almost blocked with crystals. He was rescued from a life on the streets, and has not even so much as looked in the direction of the front door since I brought him in. He has no urge to go outside. I see far too many cats dead on the side of the road to let mine outside. I almost run over my neighbors cat almost daily. Sorry, but I know that when my cats die, it will be from something that I couldn't prevent, not from a car, or a dog or another cat.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i will not get into a heated debate about the indoor outdoor . as there will always be some who allow there cats out , and always some who will keep theres in.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fosterkitty

Since you are from overseas, I don't think you have the problems that we Americans have. The rescue that I foster for will not even consider your application of you plan on letting the cat outdoors, and I have seen very few other rescues that will allow it also.
You are quite right in one sense, it is the exact opposite here. I cannot adopt a cat from a rescue because I do not have a cat flap and garden - rescues do not let you adopt if you do not let the cat out, here it is considered cruel to keep them indoors.

I think that people should respect each others decisions on this one.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sam here , most of our shelters automaticaly ask if you have a closed of garden , unless its a special needs cats.

fosterkitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

You are quite right in one sense, it is the exact opposite here. I cannot adopt a cat from a rescue because I do not have a cat flap and garden - rescues do not let you adopt if you do not let the cat out, here it is considered cruel to keep them indoors.

I think that people should respect each others decisions on this one.
I completely respect your decision. I would love to live somewhere that it would be truly safe to let my cats out to get fresh air, but unfortunately, I don't. Cats here are treated like vermin. There is no respect for a feline life, so my cats stay safely indoors where I know they will be alive when I get home from work. Even people who own large pieces of land will find their cats dead from either being hit by a car, killed by another animal, or shot by the moronic neighbor children. Trust me, I envy you, but I even live in a nice neighborhood and still cannot trust the neighbors enough to let mine outside. The closest they get is rolling around on the deck.