Radio question of the day: 03/30/07

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How were you proposed to? (sorry, but I guess this one is geared towards people engaged/married/divorced etc.)

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
J was planning on proposing to me during our romantic dinner that evening. Instead, he got all excited and blurted it out first thing in the morning. We were going out for breakfast with friends, and he wanted me to be able to tell them when we saw them, so he just asked.

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Valentines' Day, about 3 weeks after a conversation during my horrible messy divorce where I said to DH - 'I love you, but don't you EVER ask me to marry you!" He bought me one of those single roses in a plastic wrapper, and I thought "Aah, how sweet" and walked roung the house holding it. He watched me for about half an hour before finally saying "You haven't read it!!!" When I looked at the wrapper, he had written "Will you marry me" on the wrapper in permanent marker!!!

I evidently have a very short memory as I said yes without thinking about it - and the rest, as they say, is history!!!!!

Proof that romance isn't dead...................

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband god bless his soul asked me on the field my sophmore year of school. The next year we got married I know young but I finished school married and went to finish college.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were sleeping, he woke up and turned to me and said "Lets get married." I said, "Okay." He then fell back asleep.

The rest is history.

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

We were sleeping, he woke up and turned to me and said "Lets get married." I said, "Okay." He then fell back asleep.

The rest is history.
I love this one!!!!
Who need romance, eh?!?!?!?!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The rest is history.
You guys are a hoot!!

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were in Lake Genieva(sp?) Wisconsin to attend a good friends wedding and the day before the wedding I went with the bride and he went with the groom all day and when we came back to the hotel he said "I don't ever want to spend a day away from you ever again, will you marry me?" I said yes of course and we were going to have a toast but room service was closed for the night so we toasted with apple juice from the vending machine...It was pretty sweet..16 months later we were married, and 16 years after that we were no longer married...

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was sitting on DH's old ratty couch after class (I was in college at the time). I'd just woken DH up becuase he was working nights. I was dozing off a bit but we were talking. Then he said 'oh wait a minute.' and went back to his room.

I heard the box close (he didn't know then that women come with super sonic hearing when it comes to jewelry) and he came back out with a goofy grin and his hands stuck deep in both his pockets. He was only wearing a white undershirt and jean shorts.

So then he knealed down and proposed with a simple 'Will you marry me?' and I hugged him and said yes.

He'd planned to wait for my birthday on the 14th, but couldn't wait, so I got it on the 7th. Which was cool because it was 3 months to the day that he'd come home from Afghanistan, and we were married 9 months to the day later, on the anniversary of the day he came home from Afghanistan.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
well, I've been asked 3 times, the first was by my high school sweetheart, probably one night in the car after after, uh, ya know
we went and picked out the ring together, then I broke up with him 3 months later
probably the biggest mistake I've ever made. Next was a couple BFs later, I think we were laying on the couch, he had the ring already, it was a round cut, I hate round cuts!!
and it was right around Christmas, we were broken up 4 months later when I found out he was cheating on me, go figure! the last time, and the time I actually got married, my ex asked me at Christmas Eve dinner in front of my whole family, he even had asked my Dad's permission... I admit I cried
he also had the ring and it was perfect, unfortunately the marriage was a little less perfect
I have come to the conclusion I really am not meant to be married

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The rest is history.
Not like the Hrlequin books is it... He needs lesson but did ya marry him if so must of been something good

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I did the proposing. We drove up to the top of a Mountain/State Park here and I pulled over when I saw a good view. We got out to look, and I said what I think is a cheesey line "Can you see our future from here?" She looks at me with the confused "Once again, you're not making sense" look that I get so often, l and I showed her the ring.

We were already talking about getting married, she just didn't know when or where I was going to ask

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

You guys are a hoot!!
I know someone who married a real jerk (needless to say it didn't last). The way he proposed was he pulled out the ring, turned to her and said "So you wanna do this?".

How ROMANTIC!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He was making toast and fiddling with the twist tie, made it into a ring and asked me