new drs foster & smith canned foods

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
they are called "country classic dinners". has anyone had their cats try them yet? i'm interested, but would like to know if other people's cats hate them first. my cats are notoriously picky about wet food.

so far the best they like is *1* flavor of merrick (turducken), meow mix pouches, and those new sheba tubs. otherwise it's fancy feast or friskies only please.

sweetseamus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I came across your post because I was also interested in trying Seamus on this food. He's a Fancy Feast and Meow Mix junkie and I'm trying to introduce some higher quality wet foods in his diet (easier said than done
). In doing some research online about Drs F&S canned food, though, I found out that these are manufactured at a Menu Foods plant. They are not on the recall list and they don't contain wheat gluten, but I personally am avoiding feeding anything (knowingly) from Menu Foods. Instead I bought a few cans each of Natural Balance and Blue Spa Select. NB seems to be going over better, but I find myself having to mix in a bit of Meow Mix now and then when he's being particularly stubborn.

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't tried them, but I noticed you are feeding the Sheba tubs. Be sure you don't feed them to often in the rotation--they are not complete and are only meant as a compliment to other foods.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cloud_shade

I haven't tried them, but I noticed you are feeding the Sheba tubs. Be sure you don't feed them to often in the rotation--they are not complete and are only meant as a compliment to other foods.
at $1 for less than 3oz, they are definitely a treat around here.
i found some bigger cans of stuff they like (merrick, NB). we're experimenting around with other brands too. i'm also still using FF and friskies flavors (loaf style, no wheat gluten) in the rotation because otherwise they go off their wet food too much.
i guess they want a little junk in the rotation.

i found out a while after posting this thread that Drs Foster Smith used Menu. i was really disappointed when i read that.