Happy César Chávez Day! 100 FREE POINTS!!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
March 31. I was wondering how many people here on this site know what this Holiday is outside of California. I expecially wonder if anybody outside of the U.S. knows what this day is. No fair looking this up in your almanac or on the internet! So, I am going to donate 100 points to the person who responds to this that is the farthest away from California that knows what this day is. But please, no cheating.
Contest ends 0001 GMT on April 1.

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi I'm in Ontario Canada but know what this is because I have many relatives in CA. This day is to celebrate the Latino labour leader's work. He founded the National Farm Workers Association.

BTW, I didn't cheat.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did not cheat, but I am from CA in Riverside county... He has a school in San Diego County named after him and in Perris Ca there is now a Library named after him. I lived nex door to it. I recall his death in 93 or 94 I am thinking 93 it was when I got married.

César Chávez Day is actually they guys birthday and he founder the farm workes association. He rallyed for better treatment and improvments for the farmesan union warkers all over. He was a fighter and never backed down and was even put in prison for it. He was in the history books called a Civil Right Leader, In utah the books do not state tat. I wish it did because my kids grew up knowing all about him due to the art work and the plaques on the library walls and the fact the schools in CA celebrate that day. If am correct only 4 states celebrate his day. California, Arizona, Nevada I think Mexico can not recal but am sure of it

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
THe only thing I know is that he was for farm labor in the state of California.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

March 31. I was wondering how many people here on this site know what this Holiday is outside of California. I expecially wonder if anybody outside of the U.S. knows what this day is. No fair looking this up in your almanac or on the internet! So, I am going to donate 100 points to the person who responds to this that is the farthest away from California that knows what this day is. But please, no cheating.
Contest ends 0001 GMT on April 1.
Oh...no fair to those of us in California.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sadie's Mom

Hi I'm in Ontario Canada but know what this is because I have many relatives in CA. This day is to celebrate the Latino labour leader's work. He founded the National Farm Workers Association.

BTW, I didn't cheat.
Well, now everybody knows, but the contest is still on.
Right now, you are the one to beat. Who can beat this? Be honest.

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's also his birthday.
OK, I got a little help with that part of the answer (a little birdie told me). But, I did know why the day was celebrated!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As a champion of the underdog, I'm a great admirer of Cesar Chavez! Thanks for reminding us of his day!

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
quick im in london if someone knows the answer tell me!!!!!! lol joke . sorry i have never heard of this day , but its good to know , i may do some reading up on it all.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

So we need further then canada lol hmmmm who can we yell for lol
This all depends. Parts of New England are farther away than say Toronto. In that case we would have to know where in Ontario.

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

This all depends. Parts of New England are farther away than say Toronto. In that case we would have to know where in Ontario.
Technically I'm in Collingwood which is 2 hours north of Toronto.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sadie's Mom

Technically I'm in Collingwood which is 2 hours north of Toronto.
You are the winner! I did not expect anybody from Canada to win this. You are one smart person! I have deposited 100 points in your account. Congratulations.