or Connect
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Happy César Chávez Day! 100 FREE POINTS!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Happy César Chávez Day! 100 FREE POINTS!!

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
March 31. I was wondering how many people here on this site know what this Holiday is outside of California. I expecially wonder if anybody outside of the U.S. knows what this day is. No fair looking this up in your almanac or on the internet! So, I am going to donate 100 points to the person who responds to this that is the farthest away from California that knows what this day is. But please, no cheating. Contest ends 0001 GMT on April 1.
post #2 of 21
Hi I'm in Ontario Canada but know what this is because I have many relatives in CA. This day is to celebrate the Latino labour leader's work. He founded the National Farm Workers Association.

BTW, I didn't cheat.
post #3 of 21
I did not cheat, but I am from CA in Riverside county... He has a school in San Diego County named after him and in Perris Ca there is now a Library named after him. I lived nex door to it. I recall his death in 93 or 94 I am thinking 93 it was when I got married.

César Chávez Day is actually they guys birthday and he founder the farm workes association. He rallyed for better treatment and improvments for the farmesan union warkers all over. He was a fighter and never backed down and was even put in prison for it. He was in the history books called a Civil Right Leader, In utah the books do not state tat. I wish it did because my kids grew up knowing all about him due to the art work and the plaques on the library walls and the fact the schools in CA celebrate that day. If am correct only 4 states celebrate his day. California, Arizona, Nevada I think Mexico can not recal but am sure of it
post #4 of 21
I'm in Colorado and Monday was a State Holiday (all State offices were closed) for Cesar Chavez day.
post #5 of 21
THe only thing I know is that he was for farm labor in the state of California.
post #6 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persi View Post
March 31. I was wondering how many people here on this site know what this Holiday is outside of California. I expecially wonder if anybody outside of the U.S. knows what this day is. No fair looking this up in your almanac or on the internet! So, I am going to donate 100 points to the person who responds to this that is the farthest away from California that knows what this day is. But please, no cheating. Contest ends 0001 GMT on April 1.

Oh...no fair to those of us in California.
post #7 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie's Mom View Post
Hi I'm in Ontario Canada but know what this is because I have many relatives in CA. This day is to celebrate the Latino labour leader's work. He founded the National Farm Workers Association.

BTW, I didn't cheat.
Well, now everybody knows, but the contest is still on.
Right now, you are the one to beat. Who can beat this? Be honest.
post #8 of 21
Yeah, goody for me.....
post #9 of 21
I had no idea so this is a great learning experience for me..
post #10 of 21
It's also his birthday.
OK, I got a little help with that part of the answer (a little birdie told me). But, I did know why the day was celebrated!
post #11 of 21
So we need further then canada lol hmmmm who can we yell for lol
post #12 of 21
As a champion of the underdog, I'm a great admirer of Cesar Chavez! Thanks for reminding us of his day!
post #13 of 21
quick im in london if someone knows the answer tell me!!!!!! lol joke . sorry i have never heard of this day , but its good to know , i may do some reading up on it all.
post #14 of 21
This is a great learning experience for many folks around the globe! Thanks for starting it up.

Hilda>^..^<
post #15 of 21
Tasha we gave the answer GIRL LOL. Ya should of said it lol
post #16 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz View Post
So we need further then canada lol hmmmm who can we yell for lol
This all depends. Parts of New England are farther away than say Toronto. In that case we would have to know where in Ontario.
post #17 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persi View Post
This all depends. Parts of New England are farther away than say Toronto. In that case we would have to know where in Ontario.
Technically I'm in Collingwood which is 2 hours north of Toronto.
post #18 of 21
WE need a winner
post #19 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie's Mom View Post
Technically I'm in Collingwood which is 2 hours north of Toronto.
She's pretty far away! That's all the way up near Georgian Bay!
post #20 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie's Mom View Post
Technically I'm in Collingwood which is 2 hours north of Toronto.
You are the winner! I did not expect anybody from Canada to win this. You are one smart person! I have deposited 100 points in your account. Congratulations.
post #21 of 21
Woo Hoo! I'm glad that I was able to represent Canada so successfully.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Happy César Chávez Day! 100 FREE POINTS!!