Take Your Pet to Work Day

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our daughter works in an office that is having a "Bring Your Pet to Work" day so last night she loaded a litter box, food and water dishes and some dry food in the car and this morning took Mika to work with her. She called me about 1/2 hour ago to say that Mika was happily napping on her little heating pad beside the computer monitor. She said that Mika went right into her Boss' office and rubbed herself against his legs and chirped at him. Mika is such a social butterfly and she adores little kids. I'm thinking of taking her to the All About Pets Show but I have to check to see if she would be allowed in first.

Since I thought this was so cute I wanted to share.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great that she's happy to settle in a new environment so easily, some cats would be quite unhappy with the whole situation I'm sure!

I wouldn't dare take my 2 into the office, I don't have the money to replace all the stuff they'd probably destroy

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How sweet! I wish my office could do that. But since we deal with food and people who hadle food I don't think that will ever happen!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

That's great that she's happy to settle in a new environment so easily, some cats would be quite unhappy with the whole situation I'm sure!

I wouldn't dare take my 2 into the office, I don't have the money to replace all the stuff they'd probably destroy
I am picturing the same thing! Except I have 6 cats and 2 dogs! Yeah, the place would be trashed!!

That is great that she settled in so quickly. What a good kitty!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great! If my DH did that, it would be "freak your cat out at work day" LOL- unless they all went, then it might be okay
. The boss's Mastiff might be a problem, though
. At least I can dump our dog on him if I really need to
!

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend's last place of employment would let her bring her dog to work with her if the dog was sick, or if it was going to thunderstorm that day because she freaks out....I think that would be cool..Never in my work place---a hospital ICU..

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a great kitty! Mika is such a special girl.

I think Mojo would probably be OK, except that I wouldn't get ANYTHING done. I would either be holding her (she loves being held) or chasing after her so she wouldn't destroy anything important.

debskats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's great that your daughter's workplace did that. And Mika . . . what a wonderful girl!

I take my 3 to work everyday, but then I work at home.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you imagine what would happen if I brought 8-Bit to work with me? He'd crash the computer system and tell off my boss! I'd get fired!

It's wonderful that she is having a great time though!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
wow! that would be so neat! only problem with having it here is that 90% of the people here either hate cats or are afraid of them

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats really cool that your daughters office does that. It sounds like Mika is really enjoying herself!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Can you imagine what would happen if I brought 8-Bit to work with me? He'd crash the computer system and tell off my boss! I'd get fired!

It's wonderful that she is having a great time though!
Heaven forbid! 8-Bit is a whole different story.

Originally Posted by katiemae1277

wow! that would be so neat! only problem with having it here is that 90% of the people here either hate cats or are afraid of them
Yes, unfortunately a lot of people are frightened of cats. One of my good friends is terrified of them and when she visits I can see that she's worried the cats will go to her. I believe she had a bad experience as a child and has never gotten over it. It's really too bad.

Originally Posted by ClaireBear

Thats really cool that your daughters office does that. It sounds like Mika is really enjoying herself!
Mika is rather unusual. Jennifer has been taking her with her since she was a kitten so she's well used to the car and Jen takes her shopping with her as well. Mika also loves small children which is a bit unusual. I can't see bringing Bijou to work even though he is calm and used to going out with us shopping and so on. Jen just e-mailed me that Mika is curled up sleeping in the filing cabinet - I cannot see nosey Bijou doing that.

deelovely79

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That could never happen here, Tara is too curious, she would get into everything!! Frenchie would be following right after her and then the moment I'd get really into a project she'd be on my desk. Also I have a suitemate with an exotic parrot, definitely not a good mix!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great!

When I worked in an office I often wished I could bring my kitty with me, especially when they were itsy bitsy babies!

Chynna my oldest would be ok to take to an office and she would enjoy it too. She is quite the social butterfly. Abby on the other hand...I'd never be able to get her out of the house. Her legs go every which way when I try to put her in a carrier, LOL And I only get one chance because if she manages to get away from me before I get her in the carrier, she's gone and hiding in a place that I can't get to her and there is nothing in this world, not even the bribe of a brush, to get her to come back out until she's good and ready.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

That's great!

When I worked in an office I often wished I could bring my kitty with me, especially when they were itsy bitsy babies!

Chynna my oldest would be ok to take to an office and she would enjoy it too. She is quite the social butterfly. Abby on the other hand...I'd never be able to get her out of the house. Her legs go every which way when I try to put her in a carrier, LOL And I only get one chance because if she manages to get away from me before I get her in the carrier, she's gone and hiding in a place that I can't get to her and there is nothing in this world, not even the bribe of a brush, to get her to come back out until she's good and ready.
We leave the carrier out with the door open and a nice comfy towel inside several days before a vet visit. In those few days, the kitties play hide and seek with each other and often have a nap in the carrier so when vet time comes, the carrier isn't especially scary.