I Love Not Having Heat

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
BRRRRR, once again someone left the downstairs door and basement door open for it to blow the pilot out. For some reason we can never get it lit again, after a night of trying last time we finally got in touch with the land lord who came 2 days later. thankfully it is warming up but it's still cold in the morning and at night. my hands are ice cubes right now. I think I might have to make some coffee or tea. yes I think it is time to move. we'll be looking at a place tomorrow , a house for $950 including utilities. we pay 800+ now for a crap apartment that the heat is never on
brrrr! On the bight side I am getting 2 small couches today....so my bum won't be numb from the futon we have!!
Also I get to venture out for job hunting again today. um, I'm gonna go make that coffee now!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
days later, still no heat...another chilly day
bbrrrrr

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
thanks

hey i don't thing the magic wand helped

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
To be that long without proper heat is bloody ridiculous. I'd be calling the landlord every hour on the hour until this problem is fixed.

Here in Ontario we have a legislative body called the Housing Tribunal. If I were in the same situation that you're in, I would be able to file a complaint at the Tribunal against the landlord, and then make arrangements for the Tribunal to be paid my rent instead of the landlord. The Tribunal would give the landlord a certain number of days to correct the problem otherwise the landlord doesn't get his rent until it's fixed.

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I tried calling a couple of times yesturday but lost my phone last night, I think it fell out of my coat...go me!

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

It didn't?

Pfff, well then I want my 240 points back
ummmm, more coco?

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is 83 here today, I wish I could send it your way!

I would be bugging that landlord ALL the time! I can sympathize with the numb butt too, thats what we have is a futon and I hate it, lol.

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PaulaS

It is 83 here today, I wish I could send it your way!

I would be bugging that landlord ALL the time! I can sympathize with the numb butt too, thats what we have is a futon and I hate it, lol.
come on 10 degrees that's all I ask for....20 would be better

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
well thanks anyways!!!! I just have to make a trip to newport.....sometime this week...