whats the best dry food petsmart sells.need qucik answer please

firsttimeowner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
whats the best dry food petsmart sells.need qucik answer please. im geeting a ride there today so its realy the only place i can go so whats the best dry food they sell its a female fixed indoor cat between 5 and 10

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would look at Nutro natural choice , Royal canin Beauty /fit( think thats the name) and blue spa ...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

firsttimeowner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
are the ones above beter then iams?iams dry in orange bag i mean..also thank you all for ya help im still waiting for my ride .had a unexpected rain shower but we needed it

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by firsttimeowner

are the ones above beter then iams?iams dry in orange bag i mean..also thank you all for ya help im still waiting for my ride .had a unexpected rain shower but we needed it
Okay here I go again...

Welcome to TCS ...

Iams is not bad but for the$$ you can get poultry and or chickn by product ( heads ft intestines) free food ... you can get grd corn ( least digestable grain) free food....

firsttimeowner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
holly molly i wonder if the other brands like royal canin have the weird parts?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

holly molly i wonder if the other brands like royal canin have the weird parts?
these are all chn or poultry or meat by product free
Petco

nutro
royal canin
natural balence
sensible choice
solid gold
organix( wouldnt use for other reasons)
castor and polluck

Petsmart
Same as above plus
blue spa
authority

firsttimeowner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

these are all chn or poultry or meat by product free
Petco

nutro
royal canin
natural balence
sensible choice
solid gold
organix( wouldnt use for other reasons)
castor and polluck

Petsmart
Same as above plus
blue spa
authority
cool ya sure know youre stuff.i wish the govermnt would put some kida rateing system on the bags a food

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

cool ya sure know youre stuff.i wish the govermnt would put some kida rateing system on the bags a food
that would be impossible ... since no one can agree what is best ... it is all OPiNION and a wee bit of research....

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are now feeding Royal Canin - used to feed Iams. RC was recommended by Charlie's breeder (she used to feed Iams too).

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sadie has been on the Ultra Natural Balance for 1 year and it's working out just fine for her. It costs a little more but I like the results that I'm seeing in her.

However, I did feed my Siamese R Canin (weight control) and found that to be fantastic food too. Once he was on this food, he never had another problem with UTI and his coat was amazing.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...4966570&Ne=374 what do ya all think of this one?
here's the ingredient list... what do you think?
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Ingredients
Chicken Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Wheat Flour, Ground Rice, Poultry Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of natural Vitamin E), Ground Whole Wheat, Natural Flavors, Lamb Meal, Yeast Culture, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, Taurine, Dried Egg Product, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Inositol, Niacin, Copper Sulfate, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Manganous Oxide, Garlic Flavor, Riboflavin Supplement (source of Vitamin B2), Potassium Iodide, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of Vitamin B6), Thiamine Mononitrate (source of Vitamin B1), Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K activity), Folic Acid, Sodium Selentite.
[/font]

moggiegirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you're going to go with Nutro, the Nutro Natural Choice is more premium but I personally would get something with more animal based protein. Can you get Natural Balance at Petsmart? www.naturalbalanceinc.com

You'll be giving your cats gourmet stuff like duck meal and if you decide to also feed canned food you can rest assured that Natural Balance canned is not produced by Menu Foods. Too bad my cats don't like the canned Natural Balance or I'd be stocking my cabinet with it.

One reason I highly admire this company is that they are also feeding carnivores in zoos.

firsttimeowner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
im not sure but .i guess bad cause it has corn?.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

No corn is 30-50% digestable

corn gluten meal is the corn protein is 66-76% digestable ... that is max cat kitten ... I too recommend the natural choice kitten.. that is what I feed and the $$ is not that much more

NB is not a Petsmart .... I too would use the canned if the girls would eat more than the shrimp..

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

very good! actually, it's not a bad food, there are just better ones, like the previous poster mentioned. Natural Balance is available at Petco, but i don't know about Petsmart... here's it's ingredient list...
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Duck, Lamb Meal, Potatoes, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, Vitamin E) Canola Oil, Oatmeal, Fish Meal, Brewers Yeast, Rosemary Extract, Dried Skimmed Milk, Natural Flavor, Dried Eggs, Carrots, Whole Ground Flaxseed, Kelp, DL Methionine, Dried Cranberries, Lecithin, Parsley Flakes, Tomato Pomace, Taurine, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate, Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin C Supplement, Yucca Schidigera, Folic Acid, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (a source of Vitamin K activity), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Ethylene Dihydriodide, Sodium Selenite. [/font]

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

very good! actually, it's not a bad food, there are just better ones, like the previous poster mentioned. Natural Balance is available at Petco, but i don't know about Petsmart... here's it's ingredient list...
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Duck, Lamb Meal, Potatoes, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, Vitamin E) Canola Oil, Oatmeal, Fish Meal, Brewers Yeast, Rosemary Extract, Dried Skimmed Milk, Natural Flavor, Dried Eggs, Carrots, Whole Ground Flaxseed, Kelp, DL Methionine, Dried Cranberries, Lecithin, Parsley Flakes, Tomato Pomace, Taurine, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate, Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin C Supplement, Yucca Schidigera, Folic Acid, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (a source of Vitamin K activity), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Ethylene Dihydriodide, Sodium Selenite. [/font]
I prefer the venison and pea but that was after much research:0

firsttimeowner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i just looked at blue spa it looks like the best its first ingrediant was deboned chiken second was chicken meal.so far tyhat in the lead .my trip is post poned till the am though ya all been great help.lol hopefully any of it will reduce the smell of here feces while she aite iams.id almost faint