Grownig up with cats

troublesome2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How many of you have not know a life with out cats?
I cant ever remember, when i lived at home we had 8 cats in total but some sadly died, my mum still has 6 now!! When i moved out i HAD to take lily with me i would have missed her so much and coming home to an empty house with no one to greet you would be so sad
there very much so part of my little family

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by troublesome2

How many of you have not know a life with out cats?
I cant ever remember, when i lived at home we had 8 cats in total but some sadly died, my mum still has 6 now!! When i moved out i HAD to take lily with me i would have missed her so much and coming home to an empty house with no one to greet you would be so sad
there very much so part of my little family
I had my first cat, Ming, when I was six. After she came, the longest I've been with out one was my five years in college when I moved all the time. Once I settled in and got a real apartment we adopted 8-Bit.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am 30 something ish and I think I had cats all my life also. 1 was named Elvira she was wild but stayed at the house and had 4 litters of kittens in the back yard she was very feral but always stayed around us and we always took the kittens in she died at 14 in the back yard no clue her real age but we knew we had her 14 years.... We still have one of the great great kittens salum he is 13 and we have oscar he is 11 and we have the twins manny & Moe who are 10 and we have cindy lou LOL dont ask lol she is 7... and buttercup who is 5 from her very last litter... All her kittens got fixed but we never could get her... The amazing thing is all her kittens where black but buttercup and cindy lou LOL she would have 5-6 kittens each year... I think about her always I so wanted to just pet her 1time but she always took a step back never ran from us and loved to stay in the garage which he let her do. I miss her.... She stole all of are hearts.

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was born knowing my dad's cat precious but didn't live with him & rarely saw him till I was 11. I think I had mostly been around dogs in foster homes. I lived with my dad for a year with precious and then ended up with my gramma who had Vincent. However I remember when I was a kid finding this little grey stripped cat I called trix, we had her for a few days but it turned out to be someone elses cat. Poor kitty I remember swinging her by the arms like ring around the rosie but really fast. She didn't seem bothered by it. Keep in mind I was 5 folks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

troublesome2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
momof3rugratz , our cats had lots of kittens, my mum has one cat rosie who is about 15 years old now and she had about 6-7 litters!! my sister had one of her kittens and even she has already passed on

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got our first cat when I was around the age of 5-6 and I have had cats since then...over 30+ years..I couldn't imagine my home without cats, ever..

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

momof3rugratz , our cats had lots of kittens, my mum has one cat rosie who is about 15 years old now and she had about 6-7 litters!! my sister had one of her kittens and even she has already passed on
aww we are in same boat then... I can not even imagine not having a cat how weird is that lol

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have only lived without during college while living in the dorms. Otherwise they've been in my life since the day I was brought home from the hospital Our cat Frisky died at the age of 23 when I was 16. My grandpa found her when she was a kitten. Our other cat Crazy Cat, is still alive and kicking. She was born when I was 10. After the dorms, I got Summer, and the rest is history....

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was a kitten in residence when I was born and have had cats ever since. Mom hates mice and that is one reason we have never gone very long without a cat. (That covers almost 50 years!)

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Growing up, we always had a cat (or more then one cat). I cannot imagen life without a cat! I cannot remember a time that we didn't have a cat! I don't think I will ever go without one!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, Radar is my first ever cat and he came home with me last July - when I was 35. Never had cats when I was younger, my mum is not that keen on cats (just to clarify she loves all animals but just wouldn't want a cat as a pet!)

troublesome2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
^^^ my partners mum doesnt like cats at all so she doesnt like coming round
so he's never had a real pet (i think he might have had a rabbit once) until he moved out with me, not we have two lol hehe

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

so he's never had a real pet (i think he might have had a rabbit once) until he moved out with me, not we have two lol hehe
Ah it's a shame he never had any pet. I was lucky on that score as a kid - no cats or dogs, but plenty of smaller animals, mostly budgies. My uncle (mum's brother) was a budgie breeder for a while, so we always had budgies. My mum may not be a cat person but she adores those little birds! So do I, they are great company and very entertaining
Wouldn't have one now I have cats, they are just too little and fragile and I would be worried for them.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the only time i've lived without cats was about 3 years in college. 2 yrs in the dorms, and 1 yr in a "no-pets-allowed" apartment. as soon as i got an apartment where cats were ok, i adopted raven and nabu. of course, i got 2 cats instead of the one i was looking for. that'll teach me for actively looking for a cat.

so there were about 3 years of my life without cats. and i really missed having a cat around for those 3 years.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Cat to keep the mother in law away... That is brilliant. lol

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had cats when I was little. I have a pic of me as a baby and my first cat who was named Spanky and was an orange tabby.

The first day of school I found a stray on the steps and begged my mom to take it home. That cat ended up having kittens and I can remember having kittens in the closet when my grandma Peg died and I went in there and cried with them... they were a big help.

For a while I didn't have any because I moved in with my grandma and she didn't like them...then our dog Taz didn't get along with them.

After Taz had to be put to sleep when I was around 18 or 19 we wanted to adopt another dog...well a dog ended up showing up on our front porch and helped us find a baby kitten under the house.
I bottle fed it for a couple days and he acted like a momma to it.
We ended up giving the baby to a rescue and she was fostered by another momma kitty and we found the dogs owners.

After that a feral cat showed up with her 2 older kittens. One was tame and one was feral. We think that she was the momma to the baby we gave to the rescue. We kept the tame kitten and she ended up having Bear, Bosco, Max, and Jasmine. The feral kitten ended up having Buddy and Raven (who we no longer have). That is how we ended up being crazy cat people again.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was lucky enough to always have cats
I think my dad may even have a picture of me as a baby with kitten. From the stories I've been told that kitten (later cat) would sleep with me in my crib and keep scorpions out of it.

DH grew up with animals but never really had in pets, and certainly no indoor pets. His parents really don't "bond" with animals and think we're a bit silly.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've always had cats.
I did not have any during my brief marriage, my ex was abusive and I could only imagine what a cat would have suffered at his hands.
Life just isn't the same without a cat in it, whether it's a housecat an outside cat or a barn cat, life needs cats.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

We've always had cats.
I did not have any during my brief marriage, my ex was abusive and I could only imagine what a cat would have suffered at his hands.
Life just isn't the same without a cat in it, whether it's a housecat an outside cat or a barn cat, life needs cats.
Even a better reason why Cats are better then a Husband
Sorry ROB

troublesome2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

Cat to keep the mother in law away... That is brilliant. lol
i know its brilliant!!! alfie sits on the back of the staring at her, i think he can tell