TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Three newborn kittens- wish me luck!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Three newborn kittens- wish me luck!

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
Well, it seems like i've reached my kitten quota for the day I spent all day helping with spays/neuters and grooming. About ten minutes before i left for work today a man came in with a box and 3 newborn kittens go figure! it ALWAYS happens before i leave for work So after mass confusion for about 20 minutes (i was origionally going to take home a little tortishell female about 8 weeks old that had geroradia (sp?) - lol that along with my origional 3 kittens i had before i went out of town. Instead this is what happened- the other foster momma will be keeping my 3 older kittens for about two more weeks. (two of them are already adopted- their new momma has been talking to me just about everyday and has already got their home kitten proofed) - so the remaining boy will be ready for adoption in about two weeks- so yea! out of that litter of 4 (one already went to a new home after being approved) - 3/4 are adopted/ We decided to keep the little tortishell kitten with gerardia up at the shelter and put her in an isolation room away from other animals so that she can recover and then be placed up for adoption. After that madness, i wound up taking home the three newborn kittens that showed up around the time i got ready to leave work. They are such beautiful little babies!!!!!!!!! I'll try to borrow my mom's camera next week when i get a chance so i can get some pictures of them! Their eyes and ears are closed now, and they still have their umbilical cords -they are about 2 days old- and soooooo tiny! So far, they are nursing incredably well at feeding time and seem to be in fair condition. I will be watching them like a hawk since they're soo young. Could ya'll send some "energy vibes" my way?? lol I'm still recovering from my trip to the ER this week.... so the every 2-3 hour feedings are going to be hard. Soooo worth it though! I'm praying these little ones do well. From what i noticed earlier- all 3 are girls.I just fed them a little while ago so right now they're snoozing away / All of my boys (fosters, whiskey,and kojak) keep trying to play "mr. mom" to them It's soooo sweet! When I was holding the new babies a minute ago to feed them- both dogs and kojak were sitting right there supervising and trying to bathe them Whiskey LOVES them- he hasn't left the area by their kennel since i've brought them home. I'll keep ya'll updated on the little ones and try to borrow a camera soon so i can get some pictures They're sooo beautiful! I'm definitely going to have my work cut out for me But hey- at least there is a perk to working at the shelter- i can take them with me
post #2 of 13
Awwww...cute little furballs. Do you have any pictures?? That's good you can take them with you. I'm glad things worked out!
post #3 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess15 View Post
Awwww...cute little furballs. Do you have any pictures?? That's good you can take them with you. I'm glad things worked out!
No, i'm sorry I do not right now. I will try and borrow my mom's digital camera next week if i get a chance so i can take pictures for everyone! I did however snap a few of my former foster kittens Ivy and Iris about two weeks ago if you'd like to see those
http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...EyedTiGeR/Ivy/

That's definitely one perk about working at the shelter- i get to take my foster babies with me and feed them while i'm at work/etc.
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
No, i'm sorry I do not right now. I will try and borrow my mom's digital camera next week if i get a chance so i can take pictures for everyone! I did however snap a few of my former foster kittens Ivy and Iris about two weeks ago if you'd like to see those
http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...EyedTiGeR/Ivy/

That's definitely one perk about working at the shelter- i get to take my foster babies with me and feed them while i'm at work/etc.
That's awesome!!! Ooooooo....you need to put a cuteness alert on those pictures!
post #5 of 13
Awww! I can't wait to 'meet' these new babies. Good luck and I hope you get some good rest between feedings! You just get to have a constant kitten fix in your new job there huh?
post #6 of 13
I was thinking your boys are happy with the new kits, but I thought Fosters would be the one really ecstatic!

Lot's of baby kitten rearing vibes on their way!
post #7 of 13
Wishing you lots of luck with the 3 new babies...How wonderful of you to care for them.
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
No, i'm sorry I do not right now. I will try and borrow my mom's digital camera next week if i get a chance so i can take pictures for everyone! I did however snap a few of my former foster kittens Ivy and Iris about two weeks ago if you'd like to see those
http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...EyedTiGeR/Ivy/

That's definitely one perk about working at the shelter- i get to take my foster babies with me and feed them while i'm at work/etc.
So cute..

See dont ya feel good in your heart knowing the babies come to you and you make a differeance. I wish you all the luck and love and fur kisses..
post #9 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles View Post
Awww! I can't wait to 'meet' these new babies. Good luck and I hope you get some good rest between feedings! You just get to have a constant kitten fix in your new job there huh?
I will see if i can borrow my mom's digital this comming week to snap some pictures.They're soooo prescious! They're all this pretty white/buff color and all females. I think that they are going to be flame points or lynx point - you can start to see very faint markings develop on them. I definitely get a constant "fix" at the shelter It's kinda bad though- because ALL the foster babies are eithor in my house or the other foster mommas. Occassionally there's one other lady who will foster with her daughter- but for the most part- i get the majority of them. So i'm very fortunate i work and the shelter and can bring them to work with me for their feedings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess15 View Post
That's awesome!!! Ooooooo....you need to put a cuteness alert on those pictures!
hehe next time i will be sure to put out a cuteness alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemlady View Post
I was thinking your boys are happy with the new kits, but I thought Fosters would be the one really ecstatic!

Lot's of baby kitten rearing vibes on their way!
Oh Fosters is estatic too! They ALL love the babies Whiskey is sort of the "protector" out of the dogs- he lays right by the dryer (their carrier is on top of the dryer (we have these accordian type doors that we can close- our washer and dryer are in the kitchen. It's really quiet back there and i can hook up the heating pad and draw the doors partiall closed to keep drafts out) Whiskey lays in the floor right under there and if they start to cry, he comes to get me lol. / Fosters is more the affectionate "mr.mom" type- when i have them out he's always sitting right beside me while i feed them , and he tries to kiss them to death and bathe them - it's sweet! / Little Kojak the kitten really isn't sure about those little screaming babies lol. He'll sit by me when i'm feeding them and sniff at them- he's gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsRNmom View Post
Wishing you lots of luck with the 3 new babies...How wonderful of you to care for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz View Post
So cute..

See dont ya feel good in your heart knowing the babies come to you and you make a differeance. I wish you all the luck and love and fur kisses..

Awww thankyou! I appreciate that.
post #10 of 13
Aww, can't wait to see pics!! As I have said before, I don't get to foster kittens, sometimes I regret it, but then I think of the 2-3 hour feedings, and realise that it wouldnt be an option for me, I work 9-5 in an office, so no chance of taking them. And all the other hard work that goes into it - you are a star for doing so much throughout the year!!
post #11 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by booktigger View Post
Aww, can't wait to see pics!! As I have said before, I don't get to foster kittens, sometimes I regret it, but then I think of the 2-3 hour feedings, and realise that it wouldnt be an option for me, I work 9-5 in an office, so no chance of taking them. And all the other hard work that goes into it - you are a star for doing so much throughout the year!!
Thanks To me, fostering is sooooo rewarding...and getting to see the little ones that i help grow and find great new homes is worth my lack of sleep It's not for everyone, but it's definitely a gift i've been blessed with Gotta love that! I just fed the little girls a minute ago- they're all snuggled soundly asleep I can't wait to get some pictures of them, ya'll are gonna love them!!!!! They're sooo perfect! I feel aweful that they're soo young without a momma, but i'm soo relieved at how well they are taking the formula. They are gaining weight steadily and eating well- so i'm not tooo worried about them, but since they're soo young i'm still watching them like a hawk. My best friend came over to the house earlier and helped me feed them She says i need to name them so I'm about to start a new thread /poll so that everyone can name help name them! I will try to borrow my mom's camera this comming week (i have work all weekend) to snap a few photos for everyone.
post #12 of 13
Nikki, I KNOW you'll do well with them. You are such an angel looking out for all these kitties that need love and care. I wish you the best of luck with them! they are so lucky to have you as their foster mom, they really are.
post #13 of 13
I know what you mean about fostering being rewarding, but I think I shall stick to my adults and oldies!! I can't wait to see pics of them though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Three newborn kittens- wish me luck!