Transitioning to RAW....

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was at the pet store today picking up some food for my kitties and was asked if I'd ever thought about raw feeding. I talked to my Vet about RAW but he was pretty much clueless

Anyway, it seems that the owners of the store and all of the employees feed a raw diet to their pet's and they just happened to have free samples from a company in Portland, Oregon called 'Rad Cat' their wesite is www.radfood.com
We got samples of chicken and also of lamb,there are no veg/fruit in the mix and it says that it's a complete diet. I also bought a 1lb sample bag of natures variety chicken/turkey medallions.
I thought that we'd start with those and see how my two finicky kitties like them

Keep your fingers crossed, hopefully it goes well

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One and my best suggestion find a vet who knows ...

yes if it is meat bone and organs it is complete for a cat .. I would start with the chicken as it is just likely chicken

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like the ingredient list on the products are very close to what is advocated by catnutrition.org. Now, I don't know what quantities they put in, but.. the list at least, looks practically identical.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Be prepared for a long ordeal!
I've been transitioning Damita to raw for...2 months now? IMO, in the end it is worth it. I fyou search the forums, you'll find a lot of info on how to transition to a raw diet!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
have you updated your raw thread in a while?

kittiesx2 may want to post their trials and tribulations there.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

have you updated your raw thread in a while?

kittiesx2 may want to post their trials and tribulations there.
Just updated the thread. Seems everyone else has been there, too. It's actually quite interesting to see how everyone else is doing!