Wild Kitty Cat Food

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone heard of this and what do you think of their information on their site. I thought it might be neat to get raw food locally but it seems their stuff is fishy.

wild kitty cat food.com/

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My question is .. is the fish raw ?>?? if so NO NO ... if it is cooked then the food isnt truely raw ... Someone correct me if this is wrong... they have some wheat NO NO for raw I know it is germ but

that is the last recall
.. for salmonella I am sure that problem is solved

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
In the Chicken and Clam recipe posted on their site, I was wondering at first why apples were so high on the ingredient list, and then I realized the list appears to be in alphabetical order.

Anyway, I would like to hear people's experiences with this food, as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
should i email them and ask about the fish?

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
how should i word the email?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just ask ... how is the fish prepared in the meals that they make ...

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just sent the email - and will let you know what's up.

vanillasugar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've looked at this food a few times out of curiosity, and to be honest it's never really struck my fancy. I guess I just haven't been terribly impressed by anything about it.

techiegirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

yup but that was about 6-8 weeks ago if memory serves
Yeah, but are you going to feed your cats any of the recalled Menu foods 6-8 weeks after the recall?
They issued a nationwide recall February 16. I would like to have seen that recall addressed on their website (maybe it's there nad I missed it.) It's just that when companies don't say anything about stuff like that - even if they are in the clear - it makes me leary of them

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by techiegirl

Yeah, but are you going to feed your cats any of the recalled Menu foods 6-8 weeks after the recall?
They issued a nationwide recall February 16. I would like to have seen that recall addressed on their website (maybe it's there nad I missed it.) It's just that when companies don't say anything about stuff like that - even if they are in the clear - it makes me leary of them
Raw food is usually regional so yes i would feed it so soon after if they could answer my questions... since it was salmonella that can be tested for and the tainted product all gathered... They did say something early on ...

As for the current recall I beleive it will be expanded to many more companies if the FDA and MENU are seeing what my vet is seeing ... For now NO canned will be served ... I actually took back non Menu cans and threw a few others out ...

minnie&cyclopes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I use Wild Kitty not currently because of the recall...They were open about the recall..It only effected the turkey formula(but they ended up pulling all of them-to be on the safe side)...their are different formulas..My kitties tend to love fish and the only two brands I can find that have fish are Wild Kitty and Primal...luckily both their favs!!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the salmonella stuff is on their site i saw it.

Sharky. . . .i asked your question and they emailed - 'what is it you would like to know' i guess the first question wasn't explicit enough. .. . . .

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well /.... Humm maybe ask if the fish is blanched or cooked in any way???

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

yup but that was about 6-8 weeks ago if memory serves
Yup, I posted it here, plus their response. My understanding is they have not been able to duplicate/find salmonella when they did their testing.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Panther pride

In genural after reading the ingredents and hearing about their somanillia I would advoid it, it doesnt seem to be a very good brand of raw.
I am sure there will be an answer re the fish they use, but fwiw, this is a **respected** company, and the bit about salmonella is something that if you eat chicken, you'd best be worried about as well. The company uses the same source/quality of chicken as we all eat, and salmonella is an issue in our chicken supply. I'd love to see the FDA address that issue with the chicken we eat instead of going after one small raw food company.