How to Hold a Cat -- What kind of a name is that?

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I've drug my feet on this. Sorry anyone who wanted to know who I am but found no posts here. I'm making up for it now! I'm Jennifer and I live in Georgia. I own a pet sitting company and today alone I walked 5 dogs. I'm tired! Dogs drool. In addition to sitting on pets I ride horses and I like to write. I've got a blog about cats where my twisted sense of humor reigns supreme and I'm working on a book. In a former life I was a professional actress but since you can't take a cat on the road I only toured for a year and a half. My favorite sports are baseball, hockey and politics.

I'm the proud mother of 3 cats and a dog, none of the two legged kind. I hope to add a horse to that line up in the next year or so. Cats are cheaper by far! My cats are Friday, a black 7 year old DLH, he had shed more hair than some cats ever grow, Hemmy a brownish "mostly" Maine Coon who showed up on the front porch one day and Kitiara or Kit or Mee-mee, depending (Dragonlance fans will recognize her name) a 4 year old DSH gray tabby who was born in the flower bed out front. The dog is Claire an 11 year old Springer Spaniel who either puts up with the cats with unbelievable patience or tries to attack them. Needless to say they are separated when there is no people supervision. Finally, I have 1 husband a 33 year old brown-haired American. One husband is more than enough for any woman.

I hope to get to know you all soon!

Pouncing along,
Jennifer

http://howtoholdacat.blogspot.com

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kitiara!
I recongnize that name...
Welcome to TCS, even though you've been around a bit. I do like your name!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank God she doesn't quite live up to it. She isn't evil but she is imperial. I call her "pretty-pretty-princess-kitty."

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome Friday, Hemmy, Kitiara, Claire, Jennifer and Brian

to TheCatSite and thank you so much for the link to your blog -- your cats are wonderful, and so is your writing! I'm sure glad Friday knows who his (best) friends are lol! Glad you found us here, and hope you enjoy the forums.

And yes, dogs DO drool. CATS RULE!!!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and a warm welcome to you and your fur-family
they sounds such a bunch of peaches, when you get chance do post seom photos
we just love photos here

Well glad you dropped in to join us - enjoy the fourms

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome!

Sounds like you have quite a wonderful fur-family there
I can't wait to see pictures of them all and learn more about them.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by howtoholdacat

Finally, I have 1 husband a 33 year old brown-haired American. One husband is more than enough for any woman.
So true!

Hi Jennifer!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi & welcome to TCS! I quickly skimmed your blog, and it looks pretty funny...I'll have to give it a good read when it is a more decent time of day.

If you have any questions as you find your way around the site, please feel free to click on my username and send me a private message. I'll be happy to help.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jennifer, Jennifer, Jennifer......didn't you know that black cats have a special bonding agent in their hair that enables it to stick to things that other colors can't? When you have light colored furniture, black hair glows on it. When you have dark furniture, the glow diminishes, but it also doesn't allow lighter color hair to show thru. It's a law of physics that they don't teach in school. It's not the amount of hair they shed, it's the bonding properties. Oh yeah, and it's not limited to cats, just ask my black dog Spike.

Welcome to TCS - looking forward to your colorful stories!!

(from another with a slightly twisted sense of humor)

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome Jennifer!
If I can assist you with anything on the site, please click on my name and send a message!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

...didn't you know that black cats have a special bonding agent in their hair that enables it to stick to things that other colors can't?
Soooo true. If you look on my blog you'll see a picture of he and Hemmy curled up on my tan (was that stupid or what) couch. I guess it really doesn't matter what color furniture I get though. The dog is black and white!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by howtoholdacat

Soooo true. If you look on my blog you'll see a picture of he and Hemmy curled up on my tan (was that stupid or what) couch. I guess it really doesn't matter what color furniture I get though. The dog is black and white!
I traded the tan sofa for one that is brown and black. Even the white on my mixed colored cats doesn't really show on that one, but the black is actually mostly hidden!!