I was so MEAN now wondering if I was too mean :(

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok I might get hated for this thread but it is right there on my mind and I can not put it aside.

You all can see I am pregnant right am very noticable...

Well in the grocery store this really thin lady just kept staring at me no matter what I did. I went down isle she did she was following me all over the place.

They she came up to me and no warning put her hands on my belly scaring the crud out of me and asked me Are you pregnant ... I said nope I just drank 3 cases of beer in the parking lot. She let go and said oooooooo you are big when ya do I said anytime now bye she precedded to keep following me with 5 kids of her own and she said can I feel the baby I said no that makes me uncomfortable. She said well ya look mighty far along. I said GOODBYE very sturn to her.

I feel so bad that I snapped and basically was a smart@$$ to her. Do you all think so to...

troublesome2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
she shouldn't have been so nosey, it was obvious you wen't comfortable with the situation i know i wouldnt be!!!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we were talking about this 'touching of bumps' business a bit back - she was taking a bit of a liberty coming up and just touching you like that.

I would find that a bit freaky really
personal space and all, so I can understand how it made you react !

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think you were. Thats like.. harrasment or stalking... I would have been freaked out. Especially the touching bit.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you actually were remarkably restrained, considering.

I would have sternly said: "Back AWAY from my baby bump, you psycho, or I'll scream for the police!"

People have NO RIGHT touching strangers like that!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes the touching was bad... If my oldest was there he would of wigged on her... He doesnt like when people touch Abby that HE doesn't know lol

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
personally i think you was to nice , lol . i was a bit nasty to someone on a stall today which i do not feel bad about.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I would have sternly said: "Back AWAY from my baby bump, you psycho, or I'll scream for the police!"

LOL I should of done this I think I was just so stunned because she stared at me for over 15 min. It was so nerve wracking... I mean it was like stalking.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

... I said nope I just drank 3 cases of beer in the parking lot.
and she didn't get the message then?
No you weren't being mean.

troublesome2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Haha i was scared then

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OMG, talk about invading your personal space. No, you were not too mean. In fact, I know I would have been more stern with her. Personally, I think you were too kind to her - particularly since you told her to go away. No one has the right to touch another person without permission. That woman belongs in the 'who would you trip' thread. What she did was a big no-no
Apparently her mom didn't teach her to keep her hands to herself.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd probably have drop-kicked her, so, no, I don't think you were being mean. I don't understand why it's considered acceptable for random strangers to come up to pregnant women and rub their bellies. You wouldn't do that to someone's beer belly, or pat some strange bald man's head, now would you? I'm also not cool with complete strangers petting children they don't know -- like when people come up to you in grocery stores and pinch your baby's cheeks. If I don't know you, you don't touch me. (Heck, even if I do know you, I don't want you to touch me. I have personal space issues.)

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh wowwwww your baby belly is gorgeous!!!!!!

And I think you were too nice!!! I can't believe she was following you, then proceeded to touch you! If someone did it to you while you're not pregnant, you would flip out, why would they think it's ok to go feeling up strangers just because they're pregnant??!?!?

I swear if any strangers touch my belly, I'm just going to put my hands on theirs right back!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's all in how people approach me that would set my tone for the conversation.......and definitely no touching unless I invite you too!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
nope i think you were fine. I am sorry but baby bump does not give people liberty to just come on up and touch you. They wouldnt do it if you didnt have one..its not appropriate i woulda seriously wigged myself..lol

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW we get violent here dont we LOL

If I did trip her think I can blame it on the fact I can not see my feet

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

WOW we get violent here dont we LOL

If I did trip her think I can blame it on the fact I can not see my feet
very true , thats the thing though , after the stuff happens and we have a chance to think about things , you do start wondering that you could have said or done something different.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did let someone touch my bump Monday.. There was a Lady in the doctor office who I have known only by what the nurses tell me. She is pregnant 4 months this is the furthest she has gone in 5 pregnancy's It was sad...

Well she was looking at me and asked me ?'s and then she said I looked good for 9 months then Abby kicked so hard you could see my tummy ripple all over.. She said You can say no but can I feel what a kick feels like. I said yes her face lit up more then any Xmas tree I have seen.....

Wednesday when I went in the office the nurse said that Nancy the lady who felt the kick left her appt grinning from ear to ear they said it was nice of me and it gives her hope this time. I felt good about that...

But that lady heck no she freaked me out ALOT...

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I did let someone touch my bump Monday.. There was a Lady in the doctor office who I have known only by what the nurses tell me. She is pregnant 4 months this is the furthest she has gone in 5 pregnancy's It was sad...

Well she was looking at me and asked me ?'s and then she said I looked good for 9 months then Abby kicked so hard you could see my tummy ripple all over.. She said You can say no but can I feel what a kick feels like. I said yes her face lit up more then any Xmas tree I have seen.....

Wednesday when I went in the office the nurse said that Nancy the lady who felt the kick left her appt grinning from ear to ear they said it was nice of me and it gives her hope this time. I felt good about that...

But that lady heck no she freaked me out ALOT...
aww thats such a happy but sad story , bless your heart . im sure we will all prey that her pregnancy goes without any problems.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I felt bad when I got home but I recall a story on Lifetime where the lady had her baby taken by c-section from a stranger who approched here and knocked her out... I was thinking omg this isnt happening to me NO WAY....

Now I do feel better knowing I did deal with it the best way I could.

DB said I should of belched lol