Arts & Crafts

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For those who don't have special talents...
When was the last time you hand-made something for a loved one?
I have been spending the last three hours making a card for DH. Our anniversary is next week & I hate spending money on cards.
I thought of so many impossible ideas yesterday like sticking seashells on the front or stringing them together.

I decided to stick with hearts and swirls. I found some old cards DH gave me and copied the words for the instead & printed them out.

DH is wondering where all the paper is going. LoL

What have you made?

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww that sounds wonderful - I know its personal but would love to see it

Umm well I've done bits and pieces over the years, x-stitch, drawings, even designed gardens, just for fun for a few friends and they look great

My latest in painting terracotta pots in mosaic

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

aww that sounds wonderful - I know its personal but would love to see it

Umm well I've done bits and pieces over the years, x-stitch, drawings, even designed gardens, just for fun for a few friends and they look great

My latest in painting terracotta pots in mosaic
Love mosaic!
I am almost done the card. I have a fabric layer to add. Someone used it as tissue paper and it's so cool. I have 40minutes left to finish. LoL
The best part is the only glue we have is glitter glue we use for our christmas stockings.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too love making my own greeting cards...store-bought ones, although many of them are beautiful...just seem too impersonal. I love it when my kids actually 'make' something for me instead of buying me something...those are the gifts from the heart that I treasure most of all. Several years ago, I created lots of xmas cards that I sent out...of course I scanned them to my computer before mailing them. Welp, our computer crashed and I lost all my photos...including my scanned artwork! Ugh. I have just a few of them, I'll post them up in just a sec. They are all hand-drawn...done in pencil to begin with and then I finish them up in permanent markers.

Looking forward to seeing your creation!

Hilda>^..^<

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't get to finish. I had problems with the material I was putting on the outside. I have to finish it when he goes to bed. He has off until next week. Tomorrow we will be at his friend's new house so tomorrow afternoon is out.
It's kinda cheezy and childlike. LoL

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK here it is. DH ran to the grocery store for a few minutes.
I used permanment marker for the front and of course it bled through. This was tough w/out markers,crayons or colored pencils. I wish I printed more out from the pc but we were low on paper and DH kept forgetting to bring more home.

Front

Inside

Back

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is just beautiful! I hope he appreciates all the effort and love that went into creating this just for him...lucky, lucky man that he is!

I'll post my cards in just a sec...

Hilda>^..^<

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a card I drew for my friend Alice who is an avid gardener, like myself...her fav flower is the sunflower...

I also wrote a verse to go on the inside.

Hilda>^..^<

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crazyforinfo

OK here it is. DH ran to the grocery store for a few minutes.
I used permanment marker for the front and of course it bled through. This was tough w/out markers,crayons or colored pencils. I wish I printed more out from the pc but we were low on paper and DH kept forgetting to bring more home.

Front

Inside

Back
That's wonderful!

Hilda? You are just too talented...

troublesome2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
thats wonderful, working with children i spend my days planning things for them to create for there mummy and daddy!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On March 19th I wrote letters to all of my clients from last year and on a few of them I stamped the envelopes with a flower stamp and color penciled them!!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Hilda? You are just too talented...
LOL! That's too funny! Let me see if I can find something else for ya to stick your tongue out at me about...be back in a while...

Hilda>^..^<

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a wonderful thread! I really admire such creative work -- keep it coming! You're all doing such nice things...

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hilda your card is beautiful! I still didn't get to finish the card. I just have a bit more to go. DH went to bed late so I couldn't do it last night. Today we went to his friend's new house to help settle in. We got back at 9pm tonight. I missed my two cups of coffee & have a huge headache.

What kind of paper do you use for the cards?

I would love to hear more ideas.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH & I just exchanged cards. He loved it!!! He even started to cry.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Hilda your card is beautiful!
What kind of paper do you use for the cards?
I would love to hear more ideas.
Thanks! I actually got this at Dollar Tree. Its a package of blank greeting cards and envelopes. Hold on, let me see if I can find it....ok, yeah I got it. Its called ''Fine Greeting Card Kit-For Laser & Inkjet Printers''. It comes with 20 scored cards and matching envelopes. Its pretty neat...and not bad at all for $1.00!

Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

DH & I just exchanged cards. He loved it!!! He even started to cry.
I'm sooooo happy that he loved his card! That says so much about him...he's a keeper for sure

Hilda>^..^<