5 month Somali pics

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are pics of Kingston at 5 months old. His coat is slowly but surely coming in. His tail has gotten nicer and so has his color. He has a little more coat on his chest but still has a long way to go.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be patient - he is getting better - that tail will be great
Agree he's still on the light side, but he is a red and should darken to correct coat when he's full grown.

Guess the reds are more tricky. More ruddys out there cause of their darker coats
But he is looking very nice.

When is his 1st show?

Might have to wait on Abymummy's opinion - she's getting ready for a big show this coming weekend and may not see this

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love that last picture....caught in the act!!!

He's gorgeous!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

When is his 1st show?
He has been to 2 shows already.

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

So what's on your "gotta have" breed list ?

BTW nothing is more adorable then an ocicat
Of course I agree with GoldenKitty!!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Will have to show Charlie, Sadie's pics - I really like that one

Question - at the base of her tail is she heavily ticked? Charlie has so much ticking at the base its hard to tell the first few spots

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ocicats are pretty darn cute, thats for sure, but Bengals are heaven on earth. In person, I think my Simba boy is the most breathtaking cat I've ever seen.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry I'm late!

Well, there you go! The coat's coming in right along, you can see the ticking already!
The tail will be wonderful! I'm still not too happy with his muzzle but that will fade once he's an adult and gets some jowls.
I love the breadth of his chest. Maybe another couple of months before we see a full coat I think.

You may want to get your hands on House of Anju Mahogony Gold Shampoo to bring the red up a bit if you're showing him any time soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

Sorry I'm late!

Well, there you go! The coat's coming in right along, you can see the ticking already!
The tail will be wonderful! I'm still not too happy with his muzzle but that will fade once he's an adult and gets some jowls.
I love the breadth of his chest. Maybe another couple of months before we see a full coat I think.

You may want to get your hands on House of Anju Mahogony Gold Shampoo to bring the red up a bit if you're showing him any time soon.
His muzzle is pinched but that has to do with the extreme type he is. I love his ears but I think I would rather have a moderate muzzle. I agree it will be a couple months before we see a full coat. He is very slow to mature. As for the shampoo the breeder tells me not to use it because Kingston has the color and is still getting darker. Do you know where I can buy that shampoo I wouldn't mind having some handy tho?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

So what's on your "gotta have" breed list ?

BTW nothing is more adorable then an ocicat
Any breed that I have seen photos of!

Where do I begin?
Ocicats
Bengals
Somalis (new one)
Abys
Ragdoll
Siamese
Russian Blue
Maine Coon
I am sure that I will think of others as I see more photos..

In addition to my "choice" dilemma, I have huge guilt between rescue and purebred...
Also choosing a breed that will get along with Sophie and Mollie....I think Mollie will be good with any cat/kitten, but Sophie tends to be a bit "sensitive" - she sort of went in to an aloof phase when I adopted Oliver and I felt so guilty!
I think she is psychic and knows that I am thinking of bringing in another addition sometime over the next few months, because she has become my best buddy - she is always beside me, has become incredibly playful, etc. I think she is saying "Meowmmy, you don't need anyone else but us...please don't do this to us - no new kitties!"

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kitytize

His muzzle is pinched but that has to do with the extreme type he is. I love his ears but I think I would rather have a moderate muzzle. I agree it will be a couple months before we see a full coat. He is very slow to mature. As for the shampoo the breeder tells me not to use it because Kingston has the color and is still getting darker. Do you know where I can buy that shampoo I wouldn't mind having some handy tho?
House of Anju is as rare as gold dust round these parts - only sold in Hong Kong and even that only at the one shop I believe! I'll be getting my show agent to buy me some at the next show (April 14) in Hong Kong and even that I have to pre-order. I got my current stock from a friend in the Philippines. It works great!

For our cats (Abys and Somalis), we don't really need to overdo on the coloring, too much and you lose the much wanted ticking! I only use it to bring up the ruddy on some of my lighter coated cats. When you have 5 ruddy abys, all show-able color differences do tell!

I also use it on my Norwegian, Lou who is looking a bit creamy and not red...

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

Any breed that I have seen photos of!

Where do I begin?
Ocicats
Bengals
Somalis (new one)
Abys
Ragdoll
Siamese
Russian Blue
Maine Coon
I am sure that I will think of others as I see more photos..

In addition to my "choice" dilemma, I have huge guilt between rescue and purebred...
Also choosing a breed that will get along with Sophie and Mollie....I think Mollie will be good with any cat/kitten, but Sophie tends to be a bit "sensitive" - she sort of went in to an aloof phase when I adopted Oliver and I felt so guilty!
I think she is psychic and knows that I am thinking of bringing in another addition sometime over the next few months, because she has become my best buddy - she is always beside me, has become incredibly playful, etc. I think she is saying "Meowmmy, you don't need anyone else but us...please don't do this to us - no new kitties!"
I am shocked! Ragdolls are 5th on your list! hmm!

How could they not be your first choice? With little cuties like these?
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3...scan0001-1.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3...s/scan0003.jpg

BTW kitytize I love your beautiful somoli, kingston is beautiful!!!!!