songs that make you cry

daniel_17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
what are the songs that make you cry? the songs that make me cry are "photograph" by nickelback and "i dont wanna miss a thing" by
aerosmith.

ps. sorry i havent been on much updating about the cats, my internet is acting crazy right now, it keeps crashing

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Room with a view by Carolyn Dawn Johnson...first time I heard it, it wasn't long after my grandfather had passed away.

Wild Horses - HUGE Buffy fan....cry each time because I see her and Angel dancing. *sob*

Angel - Sarah Mclachlan Not sure why...but it's so sad sounding it makes me cry.

Fade Into You - Mazzy Star - totally felt this was my theme in high school. I still don't really know what it means, lol.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I am very emotional, so I feel like I am always crying when I listen to music..
The National Anthem
I'll Be Home for Christmas
Your Still You and To Where You Are by Josh Groban
Most traditional Chrsitmas carols
Wind Beneath Your Wings - Bete Midler's version
...this list could be endless for me!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every time I hear 'Auld Lang Syne' or 'Amazing Grace', especially if they are played on bagpipes, I cry. Every time. They're the only songs that makes me cry. Good Heavens, I'm getting choked up even thinking about them!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Butterfly kisses was the first one that came to my mind. (My Dad died several years ago.)

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the song is called All good things come to an end? by Nelly Furtardo.
I can`t sing along to it coz my voice goes all funny

Think it`s written by Chris Martin from Coldplay.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
'Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want' by the Smiths and 'Black Boys On Mopeds' by Sinead O'Connor make me cry

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
List could go on and on, but a few would be:

Angel by Sarah Mclachlan
Amazing Grace(played at dads funeral)

2 more played at my dads funeral were "Thats my job" cant think who sings it and then "Fly" by Celion Dion. I cant even listen to those songs anymore.

If you dont know either of those songs, do a lyric search. They will get you teary eyed!!

rhiannon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm a weepy mess. I'll cry at anything.

My Immortal - Evanescence
To Love You More - Celine Dion
Foolish Games - Jewel
Lonely Too - Lee Ann Womack
I Believe - Diamond Rio

And so many more. On days when I'm unhappy, I'll actually cry at happy song, just because they make me think of how unhappy I am. I can never go to "feel-good" movies because they usually involve some sort of hardships being gotten over, and I just get stuck on the hardships and think "No way they'd be able to be happy at the end and just get over everything. They couldn't just forget like this. They ought to be haunted forever somehow"

The end of the movie Black Beauty even gets me sometimes. Through all the beating and the starving I'm fine, but at the end, when they show the other horses and the narrator says something about fancying he's back with his friends and nothing can ever take them from him... I swear, I'm getting a lump in my throat as I type.

I'm a very odd person.

rhiannon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

List could go on and on, but a few would be:

Angel by Sarah Mclachlan
Amazing Grace(played at dads funeral)

2 more played at my dads funeral were "Thats my job" cant think who sings it and then "Fly" by Celion Dion. I cant even listen to those songs anymore.

If you dont know either of those songs, do a lyric search. They will get you teary eyed!!
If you're thinking of the same "That's My Job" as I am, it's Conway Twitty.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are many songs that make me cry and for different reasons. I can only think of two, for now.

Every Little Thing by JR Richards/Dishwalla...about the people who matter most in your life and how much you want to be everything to them & protect them...but somehow you can't...makes me think about my kids and how important they are to me...the most important thing in the world.

Landslide by Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac...again, my kids...and how 'afraid' (for lack of a better word) I am to be without them.

Be back later with more y'all...my mind's a blank at the moment.

Hilda>^..^<

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmmm. it's hard to choose. off the top of my head:

marian, nine while nine, some kind of stranger--all by the sisters of mercy
failure- assemblage 23
testure- skinny puppy
the highwayman- loreena mckennit

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Johnny Cashes version of NIN's Hurt. It's so very broken.