Feeling tearful

claire1973

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I really dont know whats wrong with me today as I feel so low!

I have got a lot going on, like having to find somewhere to live by end of april as landlord selling and he wants us out as it going to Auction. We have done so much to this property and spent so much money on it as it was so disgusting when we moved in! Trouble is finding somewhere, over here in uk it is really hard to find properties and house prices through the roof so people are all going for the rental properties, as I am. I cannot afford to get a mortgage here at the mo as it is sky high.

I just keep feeling sorry for myself and have got the love channel music station on, lol, makes me feel happier, dont know why as I keep crying!!

Anyway, just makes me a little happier typing this out.

Sorry for the sob

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww honey, lots of hugs coming your way from Spain and my four kits

Its a real bummer, have you had chance to look around ? I am sure something will turn up

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww try and not stress
I don't know whereabouts in the UK you are but have you had a look at the housing associations in your area?. Over here people don't need to rely on the council for housing now. We have Cheviot housing, North British housing, so you should have similar.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Awww try and not stress
I don't know whereabouts in the UK you are but have you had a look at the housing associations in your area?. Over here people don't need to rely on the council for housing now. We have Cheviot housing, North British housing, so you should have similar.
Good advice but unfortunately HA's like those often have a waiting list over six months

Where are you looking for somewhere to rent claire1973? If you looking around London then it shouldn't be so hard but the rents are very high

Good luck- keeping my fingers crossed for you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

claire1973

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanx for the replies guys

Feeling better today, going to view a house tom AM so keep your fingers crossed!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im with you! I live in a dump and my lease is up May 1st and I still have no idea where I am going to live (been looking everyday for about 6 months)! Where I live all cats must be declawed to live in any apartment complex and usually the deposit is $200 per cat and $30 extra a month per cat! Where I live now I snuck my cats in because they have claws! I think its bs the demands on declawing! My cats never claw on furniture, just their posts! Im suppose to mutulate them and subject them to cruelty because landlords are clueless about the species in general! Plus Im broke, my job sucks, my health sucks, pretty much everything does! The only thing that makes me happy are my kitties! Everything here is so overpriced (the rentals are dumps and priced too high)! Not to mention I don't have anyone to help move! So I give you hugs! Hang in there! You will get through this and best of luck to you and your relocation!

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know a good cry is very good for you so let it all out..Many comforting hugs coming your way..Hang in there..

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we had the same problem when looking to rent privietly. for a 3 bedroom place they want like £1300 a month!! not sure what that is in $$ but our basic wage is £1100-1200 per month depending on over time. my sister has just moved in to a 1 bedroom house and there rent is £750 per month . its disgusting.
good luck in finding a new place.

claire1973

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by trixie23

Im with you! I live in a dump and my lease is up May 1st and I still have no idea where I am going to live (been looking everyday for about 6 months)! Where I live all cats must be declawed to live in any apartment complex and usually the deposit is $200 per cat and $30 extra a month per cat! Where I live now I snuck my cats in because they have claws! I think its bs the demands on declawing! My cats never claw on furniture, just their posts! Im suppose to mutulate them and subject them to cruelty because landlords are clueless about the species in general! Plus Im broke, my job sucks, my health sucks, pretty much everything does! The only thing that makes me happy are my kitties! Everything here is so overpriced (the rentals are dumps and priced too high)! Not to mention I don't have anyone to help move! So I give you hugs! Hang in there! You will get through this and best of luck to you and your relocation!
Well the house we going to look at tomorrow says they will allow us to take Humphrey!!!

Too good to be true! Probably be a right dump LOL!!!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been calling places all day! Duplexes and apartments... I told them I have cats and some are willing to except them even with claws! Maybe things will look up for me! I wish declawing wasn't so necessary to find an apartment! Not all cats scratch furniture, etc! Mine dont!

claire1973

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by trixie23

I've been calling places all day! Duplexes and apartments... I told them I have cats and some are willing to except them even with claws! Maybe things will look up for me! I wish declawing wasn't so necessary to find an apartment! Not all cats scratch furniture, etc! Mine dont!
So glad that landlords dont stipulate that over here!!

A lot of landlords wont allow pets or kids!! so really difficult for me as I have both!

I just hope this place is ok as Im running out of options FAST

Hope your situation looks up for ya

Claire
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

claire1973

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know, its crazy aint it!

Think they think kids go round destoying everything, well maybe some do but mine dont and Im sure that the landlords cannot just house couples!!

Obviously if we want to private rent we should not have pets,kids, and no life!!!!!!!!!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok I think saying Kids arent allowed is serious discrimination! So no one is allowed to reproduce because kids are just disasterous mongrouls? These people obviously don't have kids! Theyre not wild animals, geeze they're human beings!

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Claire,
Can't the council help? I know the waiting lists can be huge, but is it worth a try? That and the housing association.

Good luck in finding another place. We're all here for you to help you along the way.

claire1973

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well the council were no help whatesoever!! They just said I had to try and find rented myself!!! Waiting list is huge, either that or I go into B&B which I cannot do, not fair wiv kids and they are all disgusting.

On housing association list but long wait so no choice but to privately rent even if the rents are high!

Thanx for everyones support, it really helps

Claire

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx