Tobie's show picture

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And a few others...

I have a feeling I am violating copyright laws by posting this, so I'll take it down in a few days once everyone has had a chance to see it.

Doesn't he look handsome? It's a picture of a picture. I didn't care much for the photographer's choice in backdrop color, but he did an amazing job getting the picture. Tobie was not being cooperative and preferred to explore the set rather than sit still for a glamour shot.

Copyright Larry Johnson, 2007.

And just so there's something here when I decide to delete the photo...

The two that made the handsome Tobie:

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just adore this cat!!!

You will not infringe copyright as long as the photographers' name is shown...and you've chopped that off! So, re-scan and show the photograper's name and all will be well!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Abymummy;1684469 said:
I just adore this cat!!!

You will not infringe copyright as long as the photographers' name is shown...and you've chopped that off! So, re-scan and show the photograper's name and all will be well![/QUOTE

I didn't mean to, it shows it on my computer at least. I can see it on my screen... it says "L. Johnson" in the bottom right.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like the backdrop either, but I do know why that color was chosen.
It is a great contrast to Tobie's coloring and makes it much easier to see his true color in 2D.
I still don't like that backdrop color

I love Tobie though, he is quite possibly the most beautiful moggie I've ever seen (please don't tell my kits).

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

I don't like the backdrop either, but I do know why that color was chosen.
It is a great contrast to Tobie's coloring and makes it much easier to see his true color in 2D.
I still don't like that backdrop color

I love Tobie though, he is quite possibly the most beautiful moggie I've ever seen (please don't tell my kits).
Aw, thanks! And wow... about the reasons for using that color...
I knew there was a reason I trusted him. He really seemed like he knew what he was doing.
I still don't like the color either.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that show pic is
just sooo GORGEOUS, i just looove seeing that picture
tobie is just tooo gorgeous
and look at mama and papa, they are such cuties
, and they made such cuties too
those pics are great
I just loooove tobie pics tho, well ur whole fur family is to die for
sooo gorgeous what can i say
Ok imma stop now

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you just edit the post and put in text under the picture "copyright L Johnson" followed by the year it was taken, that should fulfil the requirements

It shows off his colouring beautifully, he's a lovely looking creature

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can see why he got Best and 2nd's
You've done a great job in keeping him groomed! Larry Johnson (I'm assuming that's the photographer) usually picks the right color. I'd have chosen him on green background with the chocolate color.

I think that if I get Charlie's done at the show, we will put him on red or purple background

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the compliment. Yes, it was Larry. He was great. Very nice and professional and he knew what he was doing.

I think he has pretty low-maintenance hair for a semi-longhaired. For some reason, it fluffs really easily and ends up looking fluffier than it is. The judges like running their fingers back and forth through it.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That picture of Tobie is so beautiful. He is truly an awesome cat. I still wish someone would create a breed that looks like Tobie. He is so remarkable. I agree a green background would have made his stand out more.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much, all! I feel so lucky to have gotten such a pretty cat. I would have loved Sneakers' kittens no matter what they looked like, but I can't say I was disappointed with how they turned out.

You should see the variety of show pics out there... Tobie looks humble compared to the looks on some other cats! I guess it would help to have a session rather than a five minute rush job inbetween rings.
Pretty awesome considering, though... poor guy didn't even have a room to confine the cat in. I felt so bad for him, but he handled it so well.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
where is this guy based? do i just look in my yellow pages to try to find a photographer that takes pet photos?

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
http://www.johnsonanimalphoto.com/page1.aspx
That's his website... I recommend him, of course.
I remember from chatting with him that the website is currently under construction and he doesn't have everything up yet... just be warned. He travels, at least with cat shows. You could ask him if he's going to any shows near you in the future.

I'm sure most studio photographers would do pets, the trick is getting someone experienced enough with cats to get great photos.