Paisley could use some vibes

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Paisley is one of my 10 month old Torties. She normally eats enough for 2 cats...but her appetite diminished quite a bit Monday afternoon. She was still nibbling, just not eating so much like normal. She didn't vomit, though...and she pooped normally Tues. afternoon. Still had a lousy appetite up until this morning, though. Lunch today was the deciding factor. She ate well, which was finally encouraging...but then she sat down and I noticed she was trembling. Not too much later, all of her lunch came up.
So she gulped a bunch of water and threw that up too.

So I took my poor girl to see the vet. Her temp was normal. The vet did feel "something hard" in her colon, she said it could just be poop, but it is very hard. So she took a couple xrays, and Paisley is plugged w/poop...hopefully nothing else. The xray didn't show anything very alarming, but there was something about her small intestine that was a little worrisome (looked a little "bunched" in one place)....but there was no gas or anything else that showed up.

So she's staying overnight tonight, to get an enema.
Then they'll feed her and see if it stays down and go from there.

Hopefully she's just very constipated...but there's that slim chance that she swallowed something she shouldn't have.

If you could think positive thoughts for Paisley, that would be great.

debskats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
{{VIBES}} are definitely on their way for Paisley. A couple of months ago, Bailey went through something similar. He got terribly constipated and when they took an x-ray, there was an abnormal "kink" in the colon. It actually showed up a couple of different times. It had the vets worried and me scared to death, but they told me that constipation can sometimes cause that, and in Bailey that turned out to be the case. He had to have an enema too. Here's hoping that that's the case with your Paisley too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DebsKats

{{VIBES}} are definitely on their way for Paisley. A couple of months ago, Bailey went through something similar. He got terribly constipated and when they took an x-ray, there was an abnormal "kink" in the colon. It actually showed up a couple of different times. It had the vets worried and me scared to death, but they told me that constipation can sometimes cause that, and in Bailey that turned out to be the case. He had to have an enema too. Here's hoping that that's the case with your Paisley too.
Your story is encouraging, thanks. It's never fun to see them hurting, but when it's something fairly simple, it's a relief, at least.

Thanks for the thoughts everyone.

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending lots of hugs
and let-the-enema fix everything vibes

Please keep us updated!

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, poor Paisley. I'm so sorry to hear she's having problems. Hopefully the enema will clear her out and all will be well. Good thoughts and good health vibes for Paisley. Hugs to all from my gang.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the vibes.
We really miss her tonight...she's quite a little character.

Hopefully I'll have some good news tomorrow.

2furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sending big (((HUGS))) to you and Paisley. It's so hard when our babies are away from home. Let us know...

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww poor Paisley - lets hope she's just a bit bunged up and the enema will sort it !
Give her some tummy rubs from us when shes back home

Keep us posted

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good healthy vibes for {({({({({(Paisley)})})})})} and
for you.
I hope she comes home today happy and perky.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks.

I probably won't have any news till after lunchtime. I'll be sure to give an update.
I hate waiting.

I just hope she didn't eat a string or something. I'm hoping that overeating led to this...I can easily avoid that in the future.

Here's a recent pic of my little troublemaker, in attack mode:

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of good pooping and feel better vibes going out to your baby girl!

deljo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Heres good vibes to Paisley. Enemas aren't fun but they do the job. Hope she's better