How Breeds Came to Be - Fun :)

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How did we get the breeds we have. You will here many stories, but here's the REAL scoop
Add to it as you see fit

Aby - original cat was supposed to be all one color, but someone left the paint brushes out and the aby walked over and under them - so all abys now come out with ticking from the splatters of paint.

Burmese - was originally an all white cat, however, a baker left the oven open, the cat jumped in and by the time the baker found out, the cat had turned to a nice shade of brown; all kittens were born brown from that point on.

Cornish Rex - since they originally were barn cats, the cats shared the barn with a flock of sheep and one nite the sheep rolled over the cat. The resulting waves were created and the kittens came out wavey from the one cat.

Devon Rex/Sphynx - we all know they really are from outer space aliens - two races - one with a pixie head, the other alien was from a very hot planet and had bald heads/bodies.

Ocicats - the swiss cheese mice got together and poked holes all over an aby (with the paintbrush coat) and the kittens came out spotted like swiss cheese.

Persians - we all know the cats are born with normal faces. Persian breeders secretly take the kittens and keep pushing them into doors till the face flattens out.

Siamese - one black cat got caught between two doors and while trying to get out, the body became skinny and the color ran to the head, feet and tail - resulting kittens had all the color drained to the ends.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm... I think I'll have to let my creative writer genius husband come up with one for the Scottish Fold.

Those are cute, BTW.

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ragdoll: I think everyone knows by now that those lovable Ragdolls were created using skunk genes.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

the cats shared the barn with a flock of sheep and one nite the sheep rolled over the cat.

Persian breeders secretly take the kittens and keep pushing them into doors till the face flattens out.

Oh my...tears to my eyes...thank you for the laugh...

I came in expecting to get the actual real story, LOL!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot the maine coons!

There was a brown cat and a raccoon on the sailing ships. They fell in love and the resulting babies were brown with raccoon stripes.