Left out in the street!

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My MIL was driving the other day when she swore that she saw a kitten on the side of the road!

Well, curiousity got the better of her, so she turned the car around to have a better look.

Well, not only was there one scruffy little kitten, but two!

Poor little things had obviously been dumped
and were filthy and covered with fleas.

So she rounded them up, put them in the car and bought them home!

Well after a wash and a feed they were looking much better, but obviously flea ridden and one of them had a huge paralysis tick on its neck.

So we took them to the vet who removed the tick (and said he was lucky to be alive), gave them flea and worming treatments and said they were ours!

Two precious little boys who couldn't be more affectionate, so they are definately not ferals, obviously dumped on the side of the road!

Without further ado, here are some piccies!

First we have Starsky

And Hutch

Both together!

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh how precious. I can't believe how people could just "dump" these poor animals. It is great that you are able to care for them..so are you going to keep them??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My MIL is keeping both of them! My MIL and FIL fell in love with them as soon as they saw them, so they aren't going anywhere now

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

Starsky has such a beautiful coloring!
He does!

What sort of colouring is it? What would be a technical term as such?

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

He does!

What sort of colouring is it? What would be a technical term as such?
I don't have a clue but if I took a guess I would say some kind of black smoke maybe! That's my best guess!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
that's what it reminded me of, Starsky is just gorgeous! and Hutch is pretty darn handsome too!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww, they're both gorgeous! Good your inlaws for rescuing them. Lucky for them she was driving by.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww what beautiful kitties!
I'm so glad they were rescued. I can't understand people who would dump them. How hard is it to at least drive to the vet or humane society?? Sheesh

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are people in this world who are just beyond explanation.

Little Starsky suckles on you every time he gets a cuddle - Its so sweet having this little kitten drooling all over you

And Hutch just loves to pounce on his brother

We aren't sure if they are from the same litter - The vet thinks it may be possible considering how attached they are to each other and that Hutch may just be the runt of the litter - He put them at about 8-9 weeks.

Poor little darlings - Haven't even been given a decent chance - But thats all changed now - I totally believe it was fate that brought these little cherubs to us - I'm mean, who spots a cat in the bush while travelling at around 80km/h?? It would normally be impossible

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

Poor little darlings - Haven't even been given a decent chance - But thats all changed now - I totally believe it was fate that brought these little cherubs to us - I'm mean, who spots a cat in the bush while travelling at around 80km/h?? It would normally be impossible
Who would do such a thing? A potential Meowmy would, guided by the little angels living up over Rainbow Bridge.

They are both so precious and SO lucky.
It was meant to be.

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree

It was totally meant to be

Just like Portia was meant to come to me when she was just a few days old - These kittens were meant to be found and having a loving forever home

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so glad that your MIL found those two cuties! Please give her a giant hug from me, she is my hero!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, they had a rough start to life, but their luck has obviously turned around now! Starsky is just gorgeous!! And oh Hutch - I love little black kitties!

Hutch definitely looks smaller than Starsky, did he also have the tick? I wonder how long they were on their own for

I'm so glad your in laws are keeping them, they must be wonderful people